About The Position
The role is designed to build strategic relationships, target specific volume & distribution goals, and deliver specialized services by being fully versed in all applicable products, including but not limited to Hennessy, Smirnoff Etc....
Business Development Manager
Worcester, MA • Century Division
To support the Century Division market base by being a resource for both high profile accounts and Sales Representatives that are assigned the specific account base. The role is designed to build strategic relationships, target specific volume & distribution goals, and deliver specialized services by being fully versed in all applicable products, including but not limited to Hennessy, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Captain Morgan, Ketel One, Bailey’s, Don Julio, Tanqueray, Crown Royal Canadian, Bulleit, Buchanan’s, and Cîroc.
The territory for this position includes Worcester up to Lowell and North Shore.
• Lead and assist the sales force in managing complex selling situations to include all levels of distribution, visibility, and promotion.
• Sell in new sizes/types of distribution.
• Responsible for consumer samplings, menu development, displays, and overall brand visibility focus of our Century Brands in both On/Off Premise channels.
• Place and refresh POS in accounts
• Serve as an internal and external training resource providing brand and product knowledge consultation for both customers and distributor employees.
• Execute strategic initiatives as set forth by the Divisional Vice President.
• Analyze data to drive business results.
• Recap results on a weekly basis.
• Present business reviews on a quarterly basis.
• Necessary to keep current & continually expand knowledge of complex brands and related marketing strategies
• Proficient in complex selling strategies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Proficient in the Diver system is a plus
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
• Excellent ability to build relationships with strong interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and be accountable for results
• Ability to handle time sensitive initiatives
• Ability to learn in-depth brand and product knowledge
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed
• Self-motivated, team player who is enthusiastic and a high achiever
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• College degree or equivalent work experience/training/education preferred
• 3-4 years of direct selling experience
• 1-2 years of experience in the spirits industry is preferred
• Bilingual – English/Spanish required
At Martignetti Companies, we have a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and aspire to be reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We aim to attract and hire qualified candidates who hold these same values, provide diverse perspectives, and contribute to creating a workplace where all employees experience a sense of belonging.
Martignetti is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Martignetti complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.