About The Position
Maev is building the future of pet care. Our first product reinvents dog food—what it looks like, how it’s made, and who it’s designed for. We’re a team of entrepreneurs, consumer culture fanatics, and food enthusiasts who are obsessed with design and radical innovation in this old industry. We’re a small team, passionate about building a meaningful brand, changing the way we nourish our beloved pets, and supporting others on our close-knit team of good people.
With over 90 million dogs in the US, an increased focus on nutrition, and traditional kibble losing market share due to lack of brand loyalty and poor quality, Maev is incredibly well-positioned to combine these strong industry tailwinds with a brand anchored in quality, transparency and emotional connection.
Maev is looking for a Retention Manager to join our growing Marketing team. As the Retention Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end management of email, SMS, referral, rewards and other customer retention programs to support our rapidly-growing online brand. The right person for this role loves to be entrepreneurial, is highly motivated and customer-obsessed, with a proven track record for developing programs that drive repeat engagement and loyalty with the brand.
This role is based in Austin, reporting to the VP of Marketing, working directly with the CEO, Brand, E-Commerce and Customer Experience Teams.
- Level-up retention strategies across all programs including Subscription, Email Flows, SMS, Referral and Sampling to hit aggressive revenue targets, improve LTV & grow AOV and reduce churn.
- Guide our email segmentation, briefing, and a/b testing strategy across email, SMS, referral and rewards; continuously find innovative ways to make the customer journey more personalized and omnichannel.
- Enhance implementation of automated lifecycle campaigns through segmentation based on purchase behaviors and customer data; Instill best practices into the email and retention programs, including automation, triggered campaigns, template development, dynamic content, personalization, retargeting and more.
- In partnership VP Marketing and Director of Brand, define Loyalty program, identifying new opportunities to increase emotional brand equity and advocacy from current customers
- Cross-functional collaboration with e-commerce, brand + creative, supply chain, and third party agencies/vendors to scale programs.
- Build programs that will drive feedback and engagement from our core brand advocates -- insights that will steer the ship of new product development
- Analyze and report on the efficacy of retention marketing campaigns and trends in customer behavior to identify actionable opportunities for upsell, increased subscriber revenue and improved customer retention.
- 3-5+ yrs in digital retention marketing experience within CPG, Pet or subscription brand
- Deep experience in CRM / ESP platforms, Klaviyo, and Shopify Plus
- Experience working with an SMS platforms (bonus points for SMS Bump)
- Strong knowledge of lifecycle and automation best practices
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and report on data
- Detailed and quality oriented; ability to understand and deliver an inspiring brand experience
- Hard working, self-starter mentality; highly collaborative and communicative
- Analytics-savvy and up-to-date on innovative tools, platforms, and resources
- Experience with Loyalty & Referral platforms a plus
- Familiarity with web and BI analytics tools a plus
- A passion for all things dogs!
- You are creative by nature, analytical from experience.
- You embody ownership and execution at all levels.
- You are energized by difficult and ambiguous problem spaces.
- You take on obstacles with determination and excitement.
- You pride yourself on personally making an impact on a business’ trajectory.
- Your past employers and teammates will say, “[insert your name] will be the most impactful hire you ever make.”
- Lastly, and most importantly, you are insatiably curious, kind and empathic. Your worldview is not insular, but expansive. You are ready to do something meaningful and impactful. And above all, you love to learn and get things done.