About The Position
Made In Nature started as one small pear farm near Mt. Hood, Oregon in 1989 and has grown into the #1 organic dried fruit and organic snack brand in the U.S. As one of the first organic snack brands on the block, we’ve spent three decades hacking the outdated industry rules to inspire snackers with what nature can really do. If the best mangoes flourish in the tropics, we’ll be on the next plane. If the best pumpkin seeds grow a mile away, we’ll probably just bike. We responsibly source all our ingredients from dedicated organic and conventional farms in the U.S., Canada, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Peru, China, Tunisia, Philippines, Tibet, Mexico, and Costa Rica. Our 50+ varieties of organic and conventional snacks serve up the total package in every...package. You get legit flavor, natural nutrition, clean energy, and snacking excitement.
This digital leader role will be a key revenue and profit driver for the company, with responsibility for driving and converting traffic into transactions delivering profitable LTV across three individual brand websites through standard, non-recurring orders and a subscription service business model. The E-commerce leader will expand, maximize and optimize target audience reach, engagement and LTV by cultivating consumer awareness, interest, personalization at scale and ultimately preference for the company’s brand portfolio. In order to achieve the company’s aggressive growth and profitability objectives, this E-commerce leader will lead the development and creation of three individual brand websites and be responsible for the development of each brand’s individual platform including a mix of subscription offerings/services and non-recurring revenue streams.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, be collaborative and have a drive for action and results. The position will report to the Commercial department leader and will partner closely with the Marketing and New Product Development teams.
- Digital asset ownership – Owner of all websites, social media platforms and all third-party app/plug in providers and tool kit service providers.
- Project manage website development and rebuild/maintenance projects as needed ongoing.
- Outside agency partnership management – Tech, Digital Marketing and Acquisition, Creative/Content, Community Management, Partnerships, Affiliates, others as needed.
- Customer Journey – Design each brand’s customer journey and ensure that each touchpoint is properly quantified in terms of relative impact on conversion, customer satisfaction and retention/loyalty.
- Segmentation and targeting – Engage external agency partners to help identify and prioritize customer segments and audiences that offer the greatest LTV potential. Collaborate with Marketing team on the creation of customer personas that drive effective acquisition strategies.
- Prioritize resource allocation across the Marketing channel mix.
- Strategic messaging and media – Work with external agency partners to refine strategic messaging and content strategy. Such messaging and content will assume a variety of forms depending on the tactics deployed. Ensure all communications are consistent with each of the three Brand’s positioning. Work through agency partners and external media planners and buyers to develop and deliver a media mix that is highly effective and efficient in terms of ROI/ROAS.
- Customer Acquisition – Develop category leading CAC based upon a nimble and efficient use of various marketing channels paired with data-driven analytics. Pursue additional, innovative channels to acquire significantly more customers all while managing CAC and enhancing LTV. Build revenue base to drive ability to afford direct response TV to promote brand awareness for all channels including retail and drive E-commerce revenue.
- Retention/CRM – Work to develop and test the optimal contact strategy to determine “the right message to the right customer at the right time” to be delivered at scale. Continue to evolve and enhance the impact of targeted Email, SMS, site, and in-app customer communications.
- Partnerships, Inserts, Events, PR, Affiliates – Build out marketing channels beyond standard paid media acquisition channels.
- Analytics – With support of outside agencies, leverage FB and Google Analytics for data mining, analysis, and research to generate customer insights and ROAS reporting that will ultimately drive KPIs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree – MBA preferred
- At least five years of food and/or beverage digital marketing/E-commerce experience – natural/organic and BFY snacks a plus
- Agency management experience and expertise
- Excellent attention to detail and proven project management skills
- The ability to work cross-functionally with strong communication skills
- DTC/Subscription Business – Given MIN’s DTC Ecommerce business aspirations, we seek a classically trained CPG Marketer who later migrated into a DTC business or a subscription/membership-based business. In such a role, the candidate developed significant experience in targeting, engaging, and driving optimal consumer segments to a storefront/website, and converting such traffic to engaged, loyal, recurring customers. Such experience may be generated from a Food or Snack brand, or from a subscriber-based business outside of Food/Beverage.
- Digital Tool Kit – MIN seeks a senior Marketing leader who has developed a strong Digital competency that complements an even stronger traditional Brand Marketing tool kit. This includes display, retargeting, paid search, paid social, SEO, email, web video, and digital analytics.