About The Position
Lupii is here to offer a new perspective on protein. Tapping into Lupini power, we’re making tasty, sustainable, plant-based fuel that will keep you running like a boss. Whether you're vegetarian, vegan, or just plain awesome—eating Lupii is the perfect way to nourish your body while making mama nature proud in the process.
Our hero ingredient, the small-but-mighty Lupini bean, is a little legume that has 2x more protein than chickpeas, 3x more protein than eggs, and 3x more dietary fiber than rolled oats. Our queen bean is jam-packed with vitamins and all 9 essential amino acids—making her the perfect plant-based protein option for healthy humans and a healthy earth.
Lupii currently carries a range of protein bars in 5 flavors and is working on expanding in additional product categories in 2022.
Lupii is a women-owned business.
We need your excitement and enthusiasm to help grow our brand! Our Head of Sales will lead our current broker teams to drive revenue with grocery accounts across the US. The candidate should be a top-level executive that has current relationships with major retail accounts, and continues to build and maintain these existing relationships while gaining new distribution. The Head of Sales should hit annual sales targets both top and bottom line, have a strategic vision for the retail channel objectives and brand growth.
- Layout the vision and execute a successful retail strategy.
- Lead our sales team and partners with category management in developing winning customer strategies and capture category growth.
- Manage key distribution customers and maximize opportunities.
- Own and achieve/exceed annual sales targets with a focus on sustainable and profitable growth.
- Ongoing tracking and improvement of key performance indicators including ACV, % ACV Distribution, Average Items Carried, Item Penetration, Market Share, Sales per Point of Distribution, Total Points of Distribution, and Velocity
- Develop key growth sales strategies, strategic sales presentations, and action plans for each customer.
- Develop and execute promotional plans to support sales strategy.
- Organize, manage and ensure optimal use of trade funds and trade management programs.
- Analyze sales data and performance by retail channel, manage budgets and forecasts.
ACCOUNT PENETRATION AND SELLING
- Meet with top customers on a regular basis to establish a relationship resulting in strategic partnerships, understanding our partners business needs and objectives
- Communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations effectively.
- Analyze market and customer data performance to identify new opportunities.
- 5+ years of CPG sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred
- Experience or knowledge selling into competitive categories preferred
- Ability to lead and communicate well with our team and partners
- Strong Analytical skills and data-driven.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products within the consumer-packaged goods industry
- Demonstrate experience developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Forward -and outside the box thinking!
- Roll-up-your sleeve attitude required
- Positive attitude and love for food!
Total Rewards Package: $80,000 base + 20% bonus if company sales goals are met + equity + all you can eat Lupii