About The Position
At Lotus Foods we’re committed to Changing the Way Rice is Grown Around The World. Join our leadership team to grow the company and spread the goodness!
At Lotus Foods we’re committed to Changing the Way Rice is Grown Around The World. This lofty mission inspires us to create delicious and innovative rice products crafted from heirloom varieties of rice grown around the world that improve farming communities and the health of our planet. As a small company with ambitious goals we believe in teamwork, entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, hard work and nutritious food.
The Vice President of Sales, is accountable for strategically developing and managing Lotus Foods business across North America. This position will create and oversee the execution of the sales strategy across North America in all classes of trade (natural, MULO, club). This position will manage both an internal sales staff, as well customer, broker and distributor relationships that ensure the company meets its growth targets. This position also partners with Marketing, Finance and Operations to ensure proper planning and marketing in support of sales objectives.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 10+ years progressive CPG sales experience with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Proven track record building and scaling brands.
- Affinity for Lotus Foods mission.
- Proven success in natural/organic CPG sales.
- Experience and proven success with Costco
- Experience and proven success in all channels of trade, nationally.
- Established relationships and network nationally.
- Success hiring, managing & leading a diverse team of sales professionals.
- Robust sales management experience managing multiple product categories and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to be both “hands-on” (excellent attention to detail) and “strategic” (development and execute longer term sales plan)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, and make quick judgment calls.
- Able to review/understand market and customer analytics including SPINS data and customer portal data. Ability to then apply those insights to selling/strategy.
- Strong reporting skills including quarterly business reviews and annual business planning.
- Excellent communication skills– active listener who delivers messages in a clear and compelling manner.
- Drives results – goal oriented – tenacious.
- Builds effective teams.
- Develops and attracts talent.
- Proficient PC and systems skills.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% including to company headquarters each quarter.