About The Position
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
Acting on own initiative, the Southern California Market Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding company objectives and depletion and distribution goals as well as maintaining strong wholesaler relationships and customer interactions within the local market.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist in developing and implementing annual operating plan which includes financial, volume, and distribution objectives.
- Responsible for building and owning relationships through all levels of management with distributors.
- Manage depletion and distribution objectives for the retail channel i.e., ride with Distributor Sales and independently call on Key Accounts.
- Introduce creative sales execution concepts, share across state lines/regions if successful and aspire to be a leader in best practices.
- Maintain key account relationships with-in assign geography.
- Maintain working key account list.
- Manage assigned budgets including marketing, travel & entertainment, and other departmental expenses to ensure market profitability targets are met.
- Ensure all sales practices are compliant with state & company policies/law.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Well-organized with ability to work both independently and within team environment.
- Results oriented, innovation, strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Be able to build, analyze, and present depletion data recognizing trends and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Ability to work and succeed in dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Build and maintain customer and distributor relationships.
- Experienced in reviewing and approving distributors chargebacks such as depletion allowance, incentives, and product samples.
- Ability to create, update, and present sales material for distributor meetings and sales summits.
*Other duties may be assigned
PREFERED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 1-3 years of sales experience in the wine and spirits industry, preferably as a supplier with a premium spirits company, or distributor management in the Southern California market
· Only individuals with industry experience will be considered.
· Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery
· Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
· Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills.
· Charismatic and engaging leader with strong negotiation and communication skills
· Quality computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
· Requires some work on nights/weekends
· Requires some ability to lift 40lbs