LOLA is looking for an experienced Director of Global Sourcing, to own Sourcing and Procurement for all LOLA products, direct materials, and new products in support of our innovation pipeline. This role is LOLA's primary Sourcing & Procurement contact and owns LOLA's spend on products and materials. This role will influence and support a large new product innovation pipeline with Product Development. You will lead and define the sourcing strategy through execution and supplier relationship management in support of LOLA's business needs.
Your key responsibilities will include: Lead the development of sourcing strategies in support of LOLA's current direct products, materials, and all new products. Work with Product Development to identify new products and bring them through a new product innovation stage gate process to successful launch. Identify and lead the delivery of key financial shape programs targeted to improve LOLA EBITDA so that LOLA can reinvest into further growth initiatives. Lead supplier relationship management to include quality. What you'll do
Who you are
- Develop & execute strategic sourcing plans that meet LOLA's business needs over the next 3+ years.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships.
- Provide supplier's guidance for their production plans to guarantee supply assurance for LOLA's business.
- Lead the ideation and implementation of design to value cost improvement opportunities to help improve LOLA EBITDA to reinvest into growth.
- Manage ongoing product cost tracking and initiatives to drive product margin improvements.
- Lead all supplier price, capacity, and contract negotiations.
- Ensure strategic sourcing and supplier management processes are executed timely.
- Working with Director, Planning, continually evaluate supplier manufacturing capacity to ensure availability to support future growth.
- Lead regular supplier performance reviews; document corrective actions, assign owners, and follow-through to closure all supplier improvement requirements and actions.
- Support the S&OP process through the continual monitoring and management of supplier capacity.
- Establish, maintain and ensure adherence of new product launch timelines.
- Consistently challenge and reduce new product development lead-times by ensuring appropriate risks are built into plans, while ensuring all COGs, quality and service requirements are achieved.
- Lead any supplier quality improvement opportunities.
Why you'll love LOLA
- 10+ years of experience in Sourcing, Production, and/or Product Development roles.
- Ability to work with Product Development and influence the direction of new product opportunities.
- 8+ years of experience with sourcing strategy planning, price and contract negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to manage supplier relationships to deliver what LOLA's business needs.
- Strong new product development experience.
- Proven track record of quickly learning a new sourcing environment and the ability to understand new manufacturing and product technologies.
- Knowledgeable of medical device requirements.
- Strong data analysis skills
- You are a strategic thinker and results oriented.
- You have demonstrated success delivering improved financial and product quality performance through large scale negotiations for services and manufacturing contracts.
- You have strong experience in managing overseas supplier relationships.
- You can build lasting relationships with external partners and grow with them.
- You have excellent communication and presentation, both written and spoken.
- This role will be based in our NYC headquarters.
LOLA is the first lifelong brand for a woman's body. Founded and led by women, we're dedicated to providing an ever-expanding portfolio of trusted products and candid information, so you can make deliberate decisions about your reproductive health.
We offer period and sexual wellness products made with premium ingredients like 100% organic cotton. Subscribe to get LOLA delivered on your schedule or choose products à la carte. We make it easy to customize your assortment of tampons and pads, too, because you know your body best.
In 2015, we launched LOLA Gives Back, as part of our ongoing commitment to raise awareness about menstrual inequality. With help from our nonprofit distribution partners, we've since donated over 1 million period products to low-income, underserved women across the U.S.