About The Position
This person will be responsible for supporting our marketing strategy, creating marketing plan & budget and executing the plan across all channels - Trade (On & Off Premise), Media, Events & PR.
- Drive consistency in the marketplace across all consumer touchpoints.
- Support on development of consumer engagement and campaign strategy, brief agencies and lead process from brief to in-market execution.
- Drives local relevancy through amplification of national programs, sports sponsorships, and/or customizing national brand assets in accordance with brand activation guidelines.
- Act as the primary brand expert in the company with ownership of brand positioning and target consumer articulation.
- Own day-to-day marketing responsible for flawless execution of strategy
- Collaborate with external agencies to recommend marketing communication strategy and plan for Trade, Media / Digital & PR
- Assist with developing annual marketing plan by region & key accounts
- Lead on preparing and distributing marketing/events calendar
- Work hand in hand with sales team to execute trade plans and follow brand standards
- Work with sales team / brand ambassadors / agencies to execute sampling programs in trade
- Develop and maintain strong reciprocal relationships with Sales to ensure that communication strategies are executed with excellence
- Lead digital marketing plan execution collaborating with external digital agency
- Collaborate with external graphic designers to develop / deploy locally relevant creative materials.
- Lead on all events & PR initiatives
- Analyze industry & consumer trends
- Conduct measurement and evaluation on executed programs and recommends new ways to improve ROI
- Provide annual, quarterly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting of brand performance, identify opportunities and risks, and develop recommendations for course-corrections/direction.
- Ensures all activations will always be within Lobos 1707 marketing code, regulatory and legal compliance.
- Project Management: Ability to manage and influence a large number of internal & external stakeholders across executive, marketing and sales functions
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of marketing and trade marketing activities, tools and techniques. Solid knowledge of relevant markets and competition.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Creativity: The ability to solve complex problems with creative solutions and the willingness to find new ways to grow the business is critical in order to thrive in this role
- Communication: Partner with marketing teams to understand the marketing strategy that will inform the design of local marketing content.
- Demonstrate ability to operate entrepreneurially, to be scrappy and inventive, and to challenge the status quo.
- Possess outstanding initiative and execution skills
- Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Experience making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Skilled in quickly grasping key business drivers.
- At least 5 years of marketing experience in Wine & Spirits industry or CPG
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration, or similar
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Keynote proficiency
- Deep understanding of national accounts (on/off)
- Agency experience (first-hand or managing of agencies) a plus
- Understanding of media & digital marketing trends
- Ability and desire to travel frequently for meetings, market visits and presentations.
- Required to travel by airplane and automobile up to 40% of the time to perform job duties.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this role. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal role elements for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. This job description and the position's duties and responsibilities may be modified at the discretion of management without prior notice.
At Lobos 1707, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.