At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We're on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.Job Description
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer
focused on building out the tools used by the fulfillment center to meet the needs of our customers, you will play a crucial role in adding features to help optimize fulfillment center operations, proactively refining the system to enable performance and resilience at scale, and building core components that work for various product lines.WE'RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we've refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.YOU'RE GOOD AT:
QualificationsYOU WILL NEED:
- Building real-time, cloud-based web services and APIs that serve as the backbone for reliable/scalable applications;
- Collaborating with Product Owners, Engineers, and Customers on both ends of the spectrum, and Quality Assurance to spec-out and build new endpoints;
- Implementing and documenting engineering processes and standards;
- Developing tests which ensure performance, quality, and scalability;
- Working with product and customers to define requirements to build out new features.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- 5+ years experience defining and leading large-scale web application server architecture initiatives;
- 3+ years experience building web applications using GraphQL and React
- Industry leading skills in API and Data Model design;
- Experience building high-throughput/high-volume data pipelines;
- Ability to efficiently communicate architectural perspectives and monitor implementations across internal teams.
- Track record of successful delivery in an agile environment;
- Demonstrated experience with common tools such as Git, Clubhouse/Jira, etc.;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment through driving operational excellence and best practices and mentoring junior developers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with a Literati's tech stack (Python/Django, Kubernetes, GCP, etc.) is preferred
- Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques,scientific thinking, and/or mathematical optimization is a big plus
- Working with product owners/managers across the company, you'll participate in sprint grooming, planning, retrospective sessions.
- Working with design, you'll act as the expert in how we deliver world-class tailored, fault tolerant, and scalable experiences across our various platforms.
- Working with Engineering, you'll incorporate your expertise into our overall Engineering craft to achieve efficient delivery of our software products to market.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy-and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn't a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.