As aFull Stack Engineer
focused on building out the backend system that powers our new book fairs business, you will play a crucial role in building out the integration with our WMS, helping to optimize fulfillment center operations and proactively refining the system to enable performance and resilience at scale.YOU'RE GOOD AT:
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Building real-time, cloud-based web services and APIs that serve as the backbone for reliable/scalable applications;
- Collaborating with Product Owners, Engineers, and Customers on both ends of the spectrum;
- Implementing and documenting engineering processes and standards;
- Developing tests which ensure performance, quality, and scalability;
- Working with product and customers to define requirements to build out new features.
QualificationsYOU WILL NEED:
- Working with product owners/managers across the company, you'll participate in sprint grooming, planning, retrospective sessions.
- Working with operations, you will understand the requirements in the warehouse and ensure that what you are building can meet their needs.
- Working with Engineering, you'll incorporate your expertise into our overall Engineering craft to achieve efficient delivery of our software products to market.
- 5+ years experience defining and leading large-scale web application server architecture initiatives;
- 3+ years experience building web applications using GraphQL and React
- Industry-leading skills in API and Data Model design;
- Experience building high-throughput/high-volume data pipelines;
- Ability to efficiently communicate architectural perspectives and monitor implementations across internal teams.
- Track record of successful delivery in an agile environment;
- Demonstrated experience with common tools such as Git, Clubhouse/Jira, etc.;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment through driving operational excellence and best practices and mentoring junior developers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with a Literati's tech stack (Python/Django, Kubernetes, GCP, etc.) is a plus.
- Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, scientific thinking, and/or mathematical optimization is a big plus.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy-and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn't a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.