As an Assistant Editor, Curation
focused on getting the right book into our customers' hands, you'll be an essential part of the curation team: researching, evaluating, and even creating the best kids content for our subscription and book fair customers. You'll directly impact thousands of children around the country - curating the right book to turn each Literati kid into a lifelong reader.Qualifications
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Evaluating content for children ages 0-12
- Data entry and organization
- Project management
- Analytical thinking
- Collaboration and communication
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience working closely with children's books - for a Publisher or in a related industry (Literary Agency, Library, Bookstore, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently, manage time, follow up, and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to learn/ability to adapt to new processes and systems
- Encyclopedic knowledge of children's literature - from picture books to middle-grade novels
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist Curator with sourcing the best children's literature through market research, title tracking, reviewing publisher catalogs, reading and evaluating books, etc.
- Assist Curator with sales review and analytics in order to finetune and improve Literati's curation
- Work with supply chain team to understand projections and oversee on-time receipt of titles in an always-shifting environment, adhering to strict deadlines
- Assist Curator and Production Manager with editorial tasks: proofreading, copywriting, deal memos and contracts, P&Ls, production deadlines, etc.
- Metadata: maintaining our title database, reviewing and auditing for accuracy
- Provide feedback to our algorithm and data science team
Literati is the fastest-growing company in Arts & Literature in the US. We were recently ranked #3 on Inc's Fastest Growing Companies in Austin and named a 2022 Midsize Best Place to Work by Built In Austin. Our founder and CEO, Jessica Ewing, was named one of "Google's Top 12 Most Innovative Minds" by Fast Company. We've raised over $60M in venture capital to date, with key investors including Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Felicis, and 01A (Dick Costolo and Adam Bain, former CEO and COO of Twitter).
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy. Even if your experience isn't a precise match for the role, we encourage you to apply. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular -or spectacularly strange-places, we love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.
Similar jobs to check out: