About The Position
We are currently looking for a high energy and self-motivated candidate to oversee our Operations Department.
Legends Ltd. is a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies and is the leading craft beer distributor in the state of Maryland. Our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationships we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world-class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world-class people.
OBJECTIVE: Overall responsibility for warehousing and delivery of products. Management of Operations Department in a way that maximizes safety, service and productivity. The Operations Manager will utilize their proven operational skills, obsession with employee, safety, and service to further accelerate our strong, Maryland and Washington, DC alcohol wholesale business. Must possess a strategic understanding of best in class planning processes, techniques, and tools to quickly assess gaps to address.
- Overall supervision of all operations department personnel
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, increase productivity, and implement solutions
- Ensure that safety procedures and programs are being followed, as well as formulate and implement new safety programs as our company grows
- Long-term planning of goals and assessment of needs regarding equipment and personnel
- Leads efforts to implement and report on daily/monthly performance metrics in support of company goals and business objectives
- Accurate accounting for inventory
- Supervise warehouse staff and track activity
- Recruit, train, mentor and coach all new warehouse employees
- Review & process cooperage and transfer invoices for payment
- Work with Delivery Manager on formulation and maintenance of delivery schedules and routes
- Coordinate maintenance of vehicles, forklifts, pallet jacks, shrink wrap machine, and other warehouse equipment as needed
- Manage the return of pallets
- Order operational supplies including repack and maintenance products
- Ensure proper upkeep of the warehouse and grounds
- Coordinate communication between departments and within department
- Conduct regular departmental meetings
- Conduct regular and annual performance evaluations of subordinates
- Ensure appropriate career path of subordinates Prepare and analyze warehouse and delivery budgets
- Responsible for timely filing of all insurance claims
- Serve as a backup for Night Supervisor, Inventory Coordinator, and warehouse personnel across all shifts
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Ability and willingness to work all shifts as necessary to evaluate the performance of shift managers and fill in when necessary
- Strong statistical knowledge and possess the mindset that data analysis brings solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in warehousing and delivery of consumer goods
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays, and unexpected events
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to develop and motivate a team
- Proficient in Microsoft software
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs
- Two-handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis
- Two-handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels from floor to 36" on an occasional basis
- Two-handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels from floor to 48" on an occasional basis
- Pushing and pulling two-wheeled hand truck with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces and up and/or downstairs on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping, and bending while moving cases and barrels
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the Company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other Company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the Company.
Legends Ltd. is a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies and is the leading craft beer distributor in the state of Maryland and DC. Our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationships we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world-class people.
We offer excellent pay and benefits.
- Robust Health Benefits - $0 in-network deductible!
- Excellent retirement program
- Volunteer Program
- Birthday Off
- Competitive pay
Legends Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check, DOT physical and pre-employment drug test. If you are interested in this position and would like to join Legends Ltd. and our World Class Team, please apply!