About The Position
Legends Ltd. is currently looking to fill several delivery helper positions. We are looking for energetic individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a strong sense of responsibility and the desire to obtain their commercial driver’s licen
Legends Ltd. is a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies and is the leading craft beer distributor in the state of Maryland. Our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationships we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world class people.
Legends Ltd. is currently looking to fill several delivery helper positions. We are looking for energetic individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a strong sense of responsibility and the desire to obtain their commercial driver’s license class B. Legends will not only train but will pay for your CDL. A bonus incentive will be paid upon receipt of your learners permit & CDL. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with delivery of pre-sold products, tap handles, and signs to accounts
- Assist with loading empties on trucks for return to supplier as required
- Maintain courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers
- Arrive to work on time and in proper uniform• Obtain DOT card
- Obtain CDL permit in the first 6 months and CDL license within first 12 months of employment.
- Assist driver with invoices & paperwork• Assist driver in backing up
- Occasionally drive a van for relief routes
- Help driver with checking their load prior to leaving for their route. Assist in strapping and securing the load when needed.
- Keep truck and equipment clean and free of trash and debris
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must speak English fluently
- Requires excellent attendance and being reliable
- Fundamental math skills in order to count and interpret inventory
- Flexibility with schedule
- Non-CDL driver’s license for at least a year
- Desire to obtain CDL Class B
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Two wheeled hand truck
- Electric and hydraulic pallet jack
- Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" 10 - 30 lb.
- Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10" 25 - 48 lb.
- Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long 87 lb.
- Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long 165 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels and half barrels from floor to 48" on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases on level surfaces on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces on an occasional basis
- Sustained periods of kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels
We offer excellent pay and benefits and all warehouse employees are eligible for overtime after 40 hours.
- Health Benefits - $0 in-network deductible!
- Excellent retirement program
- Volunteer Program
- Birthday Off
- Competitive pay
Legends Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check, physical and pre-employment drug test.
If you are interested in this position and would like to join Legends Ltd. and our World Class Team, please apply!