About The Position
Responsible for achieving objectives that lead to increased distribution, sales, revenue, and profitability. The Business Development Manager represents the entire portfolio of company products and focuses on strategic accounts.
This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing and preferably based in Northern California but would consider the right candidate if based in Southern California.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Establish, manage and nurture relationships with Distributors, On and Off-Premise Retailers, Chains and other stakeholders, proactively generating new business to accomplish sales objectives
- Service established accounts in the territory by providing exceptional knowledge and service in a timely fashion. Ensure existing clients are well-versed in the story of Kōloa Rum Company products
- Support the sales strategy through ideation, coordination and execution of sales and related marketing activities for new and existing customers
- Identify opportunities to create brand awareness throughout the territory
- Create strategic presentations for new or expanded item reviews to include programming and distribution goals.
- Review and analyze market conditions to ensure sales plans are achieved and adjusted as needed.
- Form productive working relationships with customers by anticipating, analyzing, and responding quickly to opportunities, needs, and problems while aligning with prioritized areas of focus pertaining to each market.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships based on mutual trust and respect, communicates effectively, and maintains confidentiality.
- Effectively monitor and manage distributor chargebacks and travel expenses.
Key Skills and Characteristics:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and distributor software systems or the aptitude to learn
- Must be able to travel 80% of the time in assigned territory, with frequent overnights
- Speak and act with up-to-date knowledge of issues relevant to Koloa Rum Company and the distilled spirits industry