Leads team to drive sales and department initiatives through an authentic passion for beauty. Engages team and Clients through identifying their needs with a consultative approach, top beauty brands and best in class merchandise sets all while leading the team to meet Kohl’s + Sephora standards
- Provides leadership for the Sephora at Kohl’s Beauty team through strong partnership with the Store Manager.
- Leads team to deliver a positive and compelling Client experience.
- Ensures Hospitality Mentality to build and maintain strong Client loyalty
- Drives sales performance in Sephora at Kohl’s environment. Understands the daily/weekly/monthly sales plan and holds team accountable to support and meet goals.
- Responsible for communicating initiatives, store needs between Store Manager and beauty associates and advisors, including providing feedback and coaching.
- Point of contact for Store Manager, Sephora training team and other partners.
- Builds strong culture within the department and team through executing recognition programs to reward hospitality and sales.
- Ensures Beauty associates complete all required training in a timely manner.
- Works with Store Manager and Sephora partners to identify additional training opportunities Beauty associates may need.
- Leads team to learn and expand their knowledge within the beauty industry
- Responsible for operational excellence, including cleanliness and hygiene standards within the department.
- Ensures visual elements of the shop are to company guidelines and any missing or damaged product/fixtures are corrected
- All merchandising operations are executed to Sephora at Kohl’s standards.
The requirements listed below are representative of functions an associate will be required to perform and the associate may be required to perform additional functions. The company may revise this job description from time to time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
- Ability to perform the Key Accountabilities
- Ability to maintain prompt and regular attendance as set by the company.
- Ability to comply with dress code requirements.
- Ability to learn and comply with all company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Ability to give direction and receive, understand and proactively respond to direction from managers and other company personnel.
- Ability to provide direction to Beauty Associates and Advisors.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Ability to work and lead in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete company training programs.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and basic computer operation.
- Availability to work days, nights, and weekends.
- Perform work in accordance with the Physical Requirements section.
- Ability to bend, lift (up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis), climb, carry, and reach on a frequent basis.
- Ability to stand and/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to wear a face mask or covering and other personal protective equipment
- Prior experience leading a team
- Authentic passion for beauty
- 5+ years Client facing Retail or Service Industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence in a clear and concise manner.
- Naturally curious; desire to learn
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work environment
Pay Starts At: $19.20
Kohl’s offers a variety of benefits to associates depending on full-time/part-time status and work hours, including: WORK LIFE BALANCE (PTO, Vacation Buy Program, Parental Leave), HEALTH & WELLNESS (Medical, Dental, Vision and other short and long term disability programs, Emergency health and wellness programs such as Accident Protection Plans, Critical Illness Plans and more), SAVINGS & RETIREMENT BENEFITS (401k, Flexible Spending Accounts and associate discount programs with Kohl’s partners), INSURANCE PROGRAMS (Life Insurance for you, your family or your pet, as well as other protection programs), and LIFE EVENTS (Legal and adoption assistance benefits).