At Kohl’s our strategy is to become the most trusted retailer of choice for the active and casual lifestyle. Be part of a team culture that values diversity and inclusion, works hard to help each other succeed, and celebrates each other's wins to deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers.
About the Role
In this role, you will engage and connect with our customers by providing excellent customer service through our hospitality mentality approach. You will offer information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and events, and execute operational processes effectively and efficiently. Your goal is to connect with the customers to solve their shopping needs making everyone feel respected, appreciated and rewarded.
- Builds strong customer relationships by offering knowledgeable and courteous service.
- Assists customers by demonstrating products, devices and applications of products
- Recommends and introduces products and services based on customer needs.
- Recommends additional and complementary products and/or services based on information provided by the Customer or items already selected for purchase.
- Accountable for all aspects of managing the operations, inclusive of inventory-related processes, merchandise resets, visual ad sets, and pricing compliance.
- Maintains department cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- Stocks and replenishes inventory to support the company in stock goals and drive sales.
- Confirms testers are merchandised correctly, clean, & aligned.
- Understands marketing calendar and confirms store setups to correlate with marketing launches.
- Is available for planned brand in store support visits.
- Understands sales plan by week and executes to plan
The requirements listed below are representative of functions an associate will be required to perform and the associate may be required to perform additional functions. The company may revise this job description from time to time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
- Ability to perform the Key Accountabilities
- Ability to maintain prompt and regular attendance as set by the company.
- Ability to comply with dress code requirements.
- Ability to learn and comply with all company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Ability to receive, understand and proactively respond to direction from supervisors/managers and other company personnel.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete company training programs.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and basic computer operation.
- Ability to operate and communicate on multiple frequency devices, handheld scanners, and other technology equipment as directed.
- Availability to work days, nights, and weekends.
- Perform work in accordance with the Physical Requirements section.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally over 50 lbs. with a two person lift.
- Ability to climb, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, reach, lift, grasp, push and pull on a frequent basis.
- Ability to stand and/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift (at least 8 hours).
- Ability to visually verify information and locate and inspect merchandise.
- Ability to wear a face mask or covering and other personal protective equipment.
- Ability to withstand exposure to varying temperatures, humidity, and other elements while performing certain job duties including but not limited to curbside, truck unload, etc.
- Prior experience leading a team
- Authentic passion for beauty
- 5+ years Client facing Retail or Service Industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence in a clear and concise manner.
- Naturally curious; desire to learn
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work environment