About The Position
The Tour & Events Manager directs Kings County's tour business and supports its broader visitor program, including special events, private events, and tasting room administration.
Kings County Distillery is looking to hire a Tour & Events Manager to oversee aspects of its onsite tour business and support aspects of its broader visitor service program. The Tour & Events Manager will serve as an ambassador of the distillery and its whiskeys to guests and will have an entrepreneurial role in growing the tour business, special events, and other programming around the distillery. The Tour & Events Manager will work closely with the Visitor Services Manager and other distillery leadership to support and grow the brand’s position in American whiskey. Familiarity with whiskey will be a key aspect of the job.
- Host or staff events, both virtually and in person.
- Hire and train staff for tours and other regular programming
- Populate distillery calendar with special events and virtual programs.
- Develop a marketing and sales strategy for all current and future offerings, both in person and virtually.
- For onsite offerings, coordinate with the Visitor Services Manager, the production team, and bar staff for open communication between departments.
- Maintain and oversee tour platform admin and bookings, adding/removing users, creating/adjusting offerings, booking/adjusting reservations, training staff on the software.
- Maintain relationships with partner tour programs.
- Research the history, process and sensory evaluation of whiskey as well as the market's offerings and peers’ offerings for the continuing education of yourself and staff and to inform what is offered at the distillery.
- Stay up to date with questions or inquiries in regards to tours and tastings both in person and virtual that come in through multiple email accounts.
- Conceive of team building, educational activities, and experiences to improve guide knowledge of the products and process.
- Respond and follow up with leads through Tripleseat and events email and manage calendar of potential and confirmed events.
- Guiding guests through the appropriate events packages and suggesting the best options for their prospective events.
- Coordinating site visits either virtually or in person.
- Maintaining contact with guests via Tripleseat and updating events with information as it develops.
- Negotiating and building contracts for guests.
- Coordinating with the Visitors Services Manager on staffing and menus.
- Compiling and connecting with "preferred vendors" and routinely updating the events brochure.
- Overseeing the onsite preparation, execution and breakdown of events.
- Assist the General Manager with cashflow tracking, floor management, troubleshooting POS, inventory tracking and ordering, updating menus.
- Create and maintain department budget and revenue tracker on both a weekly and monthly basis to make sure that goals/targets are met.
- Holding staff accountable when guests have negative experiences or for misconduct.
- Ensure compliance with city & state rules around on-premise alcohol, health department regulations, and Covid guidance.