Good people, working with good people, for our common good. Sound good?
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the efficient receiving and stocking of freight and coordinating the selection and loading of product in the most cost-effective manner. The Warehouse Supervisor will ensure quality and safety standards are adhered to and manage associate staffing.Essential Functions
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Proactive communication to internal contacts regarding warehouse processes which impact customers and transportation.
- Establish and implement operational policies and procedures including but not limited to production, receiving, routing, inventory, and transportation.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards related to the physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
- Implement new processes to increase efficiencies while reducing costs.
- Ensure warehouse is in compliance with all state and federal law (i.e. OSHA.)
- Ensure warehouse associate training is occurring timely.
- Troubleshoot systems issues, which effect timely delivery and/or receiving of product.
- Plan daily and weekly production activities when necessary.
- Ensure all food safety compliance.
- Ensure company sponsored safety programs are administered correctly according to best practice.
- Proactively improve labor relations.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Maintain safe work practices.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years previous warehouse / logistics management experience required.
- Proficiency with MS Office and RF (Radio Frequency) systems required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers and management.
- Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed.
- Ability to efficiently work independently of direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The associate is required to sit. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is also exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate.Requisition ID