About The Position
Jennifer Bett Communications offers start-ups and uniquely competitive brands a creative, multi-dimensional approach to consumer awareness.
In this role, you’ll manage and execute day-to-day public relations efforts for your division, manage clients on a day-to-day basis as well as internal team members empowering them to do their best work. Senior-level staff also act as a cheerleader for the agency -- suggesting new initiatives for team building, keeping a positive work environment, and mentor junior level staff -- and have developed strong relationships with the media.
With a roster of dynamic venture-backed brands, you will lead strategy, craft messaging, and leverage media relationships to create compelling narratives that support your client’s vision and mission.
The VP of Health should have proficiency in true healthcare media (telemedicine, women’s healthcare, fertility, etc.) and a strong understanding of the consumer healthcare (both mind and body) space. The ideal candidate also has strong relationships with healthcare reporters across national and regional (primarily New York and Los Angeles) business and consumer press.
- Developing PR strategies and dynamic pitches to meet client objectives and goals; Goes above and beyond traditional pitching efforts to suggest interesting media activations to support brand objectives
- Strategic planning and execution of outreach plan with little to no changes from Managing Director
- Ensure all teams are meeting client goals and objectives; keep teams on track
- Pitching and securing feature stories, brand stories, etc. on national and regional level across online, print, broadcast and podcast media
- Spearhead thought leadership media opportunities for clients / founders; work alongside JBC’s VP of Thought Leadership to ensure client is speaking at the appropriate panels and events (both in person or digital)
- Updating all client materials and other written materials
- Drafting of press releases as necessary
- Oversees monthly client reporting
- Communicating with clients regularly via email, phone and in person and building strong relationships with clients
- Communicating daily with high-level editors/media
- Managing and mentoring junior and mid-level staff
- Participate in new business opportunities for JBC
- Support in the drafting of new business proposals