About The Position
JBC’s Food + Beverage PR Manager executes day-to-day public relations efforts.
JBC was launched in January 2014 to bring a more thoughtful approach to public relations. We craft meaningful narratives and devise dynamic, results-driven strategies that ultimately drive growth and scale for our partners. We are a media relations agency approaching PR in a way that speaks to consumers, investors, and the industry as a whole to secure market share and a defining foothold within our brands’ respective categories.
Since our launch, JBC continues to effectively cater to the unique needs of fast-growing start-ups and uniquely competitive brands who are addressing the evolving consumer market. We tell stories across all media platforms, consumer and business, for our partners in industries spanning fashion, beauty, health and wellness, CPG, food and beverage, technology, and home.
Position overview: JBC’s Food + Beverage PR Manager executes day-to-day public relations efforts. The right candidate will have developed strong, verifiable relationships with media, while exhibiting competency in client management and have a real passion for food + beverage.
- Developing PR strategies and dynamic pitches to meet client objectives and goals
- Strategic planning and execution of outreach plan
- Initiating new, creative pitches and brand-building opportunities
- Pitching and securing feature and brand stories on the national and regional level across online, print, broadcast, and podcast media
- Updating all client materials and other written materials
- Drafting of press releases, as necessary
- Monthly client reporting
- Communicating with clients regularly via email, phone, and in person, and building a strong relationship with clients
- Communicating daily with editors and members of the media, and continue to build strong relationships with key editors in business, fashion, lifestyle, travel, technology, and more
- Ensuring that the junior team organizes and sends all press clippings as they publish or print
- Mentoring junior staff
- Managing the team in brand pitching to relevant media and columns to build the brand’s presence, and brainstorming and presenting unique opportunities to continue to elevate JBC’s profile
Position reports to: Associate Director
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-plus years or relevant experience
- Naturally proactive, with outstanding attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
- A people person, skilled at building and nurturing relationships, with proven experience in supportive team management
- Ability to both balance many priorities and act resourcefully, all while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willing and able to work in our New York offices full-time
JBC is committed to the health, happiness, and well-being of each and every one of our employees, both professionally and personally. We strive to make our workplace one where team members are not only supported across their short- and long-term trajectory of career growth, but are also fulfilled as people, in and out of the office. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick time, and maternity and bereavement leave, with Summer Fridays beginning at 1:30 p.m
- Inclusive holiday calendar and multiple “flex” days, and a December break running from Christmas to New Years Day
- Work-from-home policy
- Comprehensive health insurance for all employees, and a 401k plan for you to invest in your future
- Monthly all-staff volunteering opportunities, which have transitioned into virtual opportunities
- Option to join one of JBC’s in-house committees, planning programming as it relates to internships, team-building, community service, and more
- New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA