About The Position
We are looking for people to join our crew! Islamorada Beverages is hiring a Sales and Marketing Representative for Jacksonville/Tallahassee to Daytona Area. Are you self-motivated, a hustler, and want to sell beer and spirits?
Sales and Marketing Representative
Preferred living location: St. Augustine Area
There is a lot of driving in this position, you must have a working vehicle to start (A Monthly stipend for vehicle use).
Territory: This position will cover from Tallahassee to Daytona.
Islamorada Beverages is a small company and this position will have many different responsibilities. The main goal is to increase the long-term sales and awareness of Islamorada Beverages products. Below is a partial list of the activities of this position:
The Sales and Marketing Representative mission is to manage the business of Islamorada Beverages wholesale partner within a specific territory. Including the business development of each wholesaler and distributor including market specific work targeted in increased distribution and sales. Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each wholesale/distributor partner’s organization including an open relationship with all members of the management and sales team. Represent Islamorada Beverages in the retail trade as the first point of contact from the brewery. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development while maintaining an open working relationship with all levels of the Islamorada Beverages Team:
· Sales Representative will be responsible for growing total territory revenue versus the prior year. Must achieve growth targets.
· Directly manage all aspects of assigned sales territory.
· Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
· Increase the availability and visibility of products in new and existing on- and off-premise accounts.
· Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events.
· Complete weekly account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required.
· Duties are subject to change at the discretion of Islamorada Beverages, to accommodate the changes and needs of the industry and our customers
· Secure display space, shelf space and share of cold box. Build displays, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility though point-of-sale.
· Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver persuasive sales presentations.
· Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, buyers.
· Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
· Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular call pattern to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotion activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide craft beer education, etc.
· Introduce and sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through.
· Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
· Conduct wait staff / bartender education seminars.
At Distributor level:
· Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming at distributor level.
· Assist in distributor craft beverage education.
· Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
· Check Inventory Weekly to assure no Out of Stocks or other issues.
· Perform samplings, tastings, and other promotions.
· Be an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self starter with the desire to succeed.
· Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
· Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
· Be very organized in order to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
· Have strong organizational and time management skills.
· Have excellent problem solving skills.
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
· Be outgoing and friendly.
· Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
· Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Commit to constantly improving knowledge of: beer, Islamorada Beverages products and the general beverage industry.
Candidate should have:
· A safe driving record.
· Working computer and Internet.
· A valid driver's license.
· A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
· The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
· The ability to lift and move cases of beer and kegs frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale.