The Creative Director/Copywriter is the agency's creative copy lead and is responsible for spearheading the agency's innovative and thought provoking language in partnership with the Group Creative Director. Must collaborate with all departments, in all offices, and will be a stimulator and ideas generator, providing strategic creative support to our current clients in the brand activation and center of experiential excellence along with support on new business prospects.
The position will require expertise and passion for experiential marketing campaigns and integrated brand activations - which includes conceptualizing consumer experiences, written content and presentations and working with account, experiential production and designers to help bring these ideas to life verbally while making sure we are on strategy and meeting our clients marketing objectives.Job Description:
The CD/Copy will be responsible for all aspects of a project from initial brainstorming, aligning on strategy and conceptualizing new ideas for the client presentation. The work will require the CD/Copy to develop original concepts and language in partnerships with their art counterpart to oversee multiple large scale projects through execution, inspire, and guide the team to be firmly committed to producing the highest creative standards at all times. Must collaborate with senior account leads to identify long term opportunities to deepen organic growth within our current client base. In addition, supporting the New Biz team in winning new clients.
Day-to-day, the CD/Copy must lead with the ability to maximize the talents of the team and collaborate with the support of freelancers (designers, connectors, copywriters when needed based on the scope). This means being a teacher, an instructor, and a critic all at once.
To succeed as a CD/Copy, you must deliver outstanding results through understanding the consumer mindset and bringing integrated work across multiple channels to life (digital/social/shopper/experiential/etc.). You should be a visionary who is willing to push boundaries and can think big picture yet refine ideas into relevant and fresh creative platforms for our clients with a digital-first, storytelling lens.The Role (Creativity, analytical, decision-making, interpersonal and management skills):
- Work closely with all teams (account, strategy, creative) to develop strategically sound, highly creative and executable integrated marketing campaigns that are on brand for all our clients
- Partner with Group Creative Director on all projects
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and consumer mindsets
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Edit copy for message clarity, flow, consistency, grammar, brand voice and tone
- When needed lead/collaborate with freelancers (creatives/copywriters)
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the digital and social landscape in a content first world
- Be a powerful and persuasive presenter, with the ability to confidently and strategically present our ideas to internal stakeholders and the client
- Help lead and inspire brainstorm sessions
- Collaborate with senior account leads to identify opportunities that deepen organic growth within and new business opportunities
- Provide account team with timely creative needs for business presentations or sell in
- Participate in the approval of final production items to ensure quality and correctness
- Attend and share learnings from industry trade events and seminars to inspire innovative thinking for the agency
- Demonstrate strong collaborative skills and respect for all team members and clients
- Constantly strive to simplify the design process with up-to-date new systems and software
- Keep apprised of relevant culture trends
- Excellent leadership, teaching, mentoring and communication skills
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Familiarity with online and offline conversion optimization
- Comfort interacting with clients and giving presentations
- Strong persuasive and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in long- and short-term planning as well as the ability to thrive under tight deadline
- Minimum of 8-10 years developing highly branded and compelling headlines, copy and creative concepts
- Experience in an advertising or marketing agency preferred
- Deep understanding and passion for brand activation and experiential
- Superior interpersonal skills to work closely with other team members and the client
- Professional attitude
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment, effective problem-resolution skills, and the ability to balance multiple demands simultaneously
- Advanced / expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- CD may be required to travel for client meetings, new business presentations, company functions or events
The base compensation range for this job classification is between $110,000.00 to $130,000.00. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related skills and qualifications, length of service and geographic location. This job classification is bonus-eligible, with bonus potential subject to applicable bonus plan terms and conditions.
This position offers incentive opportunities plus full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, PTO time and more!
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.