Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
The Lab and Kitchen Operations Manager oversees all production, quality assurance, operations and procurement of products for the MPX cannabis extraction laboratory, along with the edible infusion kitchen. This position carries significant administrative, regulatory and compliance duties and responsibilities including the managing, hiring, training, safety awareness, professional development and discipline of all laboratory and kitchen employees.
Duties and responsibilities
The Lab and Kitchen Operations Manager’s primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Analyzing production requirements and work assignations, based upon capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives.
- Managing and promoting an environment of continual improvement and open communication with all levels of staff.
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow, extractions, product development and data quality as financially possible.
- Maintaining any food ingredients and necessary supplies.
- Creating and maintaining monthly and weekly production schedules while monitoring quality control to ensure high quality, repeatable, and accurate results.
- Ensuring and managing the constant improvement of the team’s knowledge base on lab procedures and extraction methods, including safety awareness, knowledge of hazards, OSHA, Food Safety, company standards and quality control.
- Maintains all production records and HACCP Certification and documentation is up to date.
- Interviewing and hiring of all lab and kitchen personnel with assistance from HR.
- Ensuring to align employee labor with production plan, managing and approving any/all hours worked.
- Maintain the local central standardized recipe and ingredient repository, including nutritional and cost information.
- Complying with state track and trace compliance requirements.
- Approving any changes to the technical SOPs.
- Troubleshooting the issues causing the breakdown of machines or equipment, along with the safe operating of all equipment; electrical and mechanical.
- Investigating and managing all adverse events, errors and employee complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
- Resolving employee conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asking for assistance from HR as needed and when required.
- Maintaining a rigid cleaning schedule dividing focus of duties daily, weekly, and monthly as needed.
- Ensuring completion of all orders for MPX products in an efficient in timely matter, meeting all necessary deadlines.
- Strategically identifying CAPEX for machinery to match production plan.
- Tracking and controlling unit COGs in alignment with business plan.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and good rapport with all MPX/Greenmart employees and vendors.
- Managing and coaching of all laboratory and kitchen employees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Plant or Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent experience required.
- Manufacturing scale up experience desired.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issue with the processes and instrumentation.
- 5+ years in manufacturing or laboratory setting (cannabis preferred).
- Exposure to a fast paced/deadline related environment.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style while managing a team of employees with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Strong attention to detail as it pertains to compliance, sanitation, and organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.