About The Position
HumanCo is a mission-driven holding company that is fanatical about creating products focused on healthier living and sustainability. We believe it has become too difficult to find and rely on healthy options, and we are changing this paradigm through a new approach: we put people first. HumanCo advances the health of consumers using a long-term strategy around impactful, cleaner consumer products that lead to healthier outcomes and improved trust.
Learn more at humanco.com
and @humancobrands on Instagram.
HumanCo is looking for a detailed-oriented individual to join our fast-paced startup team as a Senior Accountant. This individual will report into the Controller and work closely with operational teams under our growing portfolio of brands, and will own full-cycle accounting processes including critical areas of revenue recognition, accounts receivable reporting, cost of goods sold analysis, and intercompany transactions. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will validate and reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts, analyze data and trends, prepare roll forwards and schedules for auditors, and partner with cross-functional departments including Operations, FP&A, Marketing, HR and Legal. In addition, the Senior Revenue Accountant will play a critical role throughout other accounting processes, will assist with acquisition integrations, system implementations, and process streamlining.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work closely with brand-level field manufacturing personnel
- Prepare and record accounting entries in multiple sets of books
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare detailed retail customer invoices and monitor aged receivables for timely collections
- Work closely with an AP specialist for proper coding on vendor & supplier bills
- Determine proper revenue recognition and ensure compliance with ASC 606
- Assist in the adoption of ASC 842 lease accounting standard
- Manage inventory management accounting and related COGS entries
- Prepare variance analysis on balance sheet and income statement accounts including inventory, raw materials, packaging, and all product-related COGS
- Assist in the optimization of all financial workflows, processes and controls
- Assist in the responses to PBC requests from external auditors and tax compliance professionals
- Work closely with the Finance Manager on monthly reporting explanations across our portfolio of brands and parent company
- Support the implementation and management of an ERP system (NetSuite)
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, hyper-growth, scale-up environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturing environment
- CPA preferred with strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with revenue recognition guidance and accounting for transactions in a manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong proficiency with Excel, as well as systems and process mindset
- Experience with Quickbooks, NetSuite, and Salesforce is a significant plus
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
- Team-oriented and collaborative mindset
Interested candidates should submit their resume at Humanco.com
HumanCo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that this job is not available for remote work from Colorado.