About The Position
Four Roses Bourbon is seeking applicants for the Division Sales Manager for the FL – NC – MS – GA – AL – SC – TN region. Come join our award winning team!
The Manager, Division Sales (DSM) will be responsible for managing and developing the sales and profitability growth of the Four Roses brand. Responsibilities will include developing solid relationships at all levels of distributors, as well as direction, training, and development of distributor and broker sales teams. Broad market key account development and event support will also be required. The territory will include FL, TN, MS, AL, GA, SC and NC. We are seeking candidates who live or are willing to relocate to the Tampa or Miami, Florida area. Secondarily, we may consider those in the Atlanta, GA area or major city within North Carolina.
The DSM will be responsible for developing and executing key sales growth opportunities and profitability targets outlined in the annual sales and marketing plan and annual budget within assigned division states. The DSM needs to be an effective team leader, as well as a great overall business manager with our distributors/brokers and will be expected to develop collaborative internal relationships across departments at Four Roses. The DSM must be well organized and stay focused on the priorities set by the corporate office, yet creative enough to develop local market programs that take advantage of market opportunities.
The Manager, Division Sales is responsible for coordination and administration of various sales activities related to:
Development and execution of Sales and Marketing Plan in assigned Division states.
- Development of Annual Division Sales Plan in conjunction with Corporate Sales and Marketing plans. Will include shipment and depletion volume, profitability targets, sales promotion plan, regional marketing plan and marketing budget plan)
- Manage shipments, depletions, and allocations (when necessary) to achieve assigned sales targets with distributors and brokers
- Manage Four Roses brand presence and profitability (pricing & budget management)
- Communicate and gain alignment on the state plan with distributor management, and work closely with them in executing the plan by market.
- Utilize and analyze internal and external data sources (Nielsen, NABCA, Power BI, VIP) to understand market intelligence, trends, and opportunities including competitive activity and overall brand performance.
- Responsible for Shipment and Depletion forecasting within assigned Division. Will collaborate with Production as needed to ensure effective internal supply chain.
- Deliver effective business updates of Division (monthly, quarterly reviews, annual plans) for Sales Director and Four Roses leadership team.
Distributor/Broker Relationship Management to achieve Sales targets in assigned Division and develop goodwill with Distributor Management. Development of key accounts and maintain relationships in markets by promoting sales activities.
- Regular communication with FR distributors/brokers to ensure alignment with and performance against brand goals and market positioning.
- Perform regular business reviews (quarterly, annual) to ensure tracking to Sales targets and course correction as needed.
- Consistent collaboration with FR distributors/brokers to ensure brand growth and increased market share and visibility in Division. Consists of team meetings, market work with training, monitoring and evaluation of trade spend, and management of distributor inventories.
- Responsible for ongoing management and negotiation of distributor price structures
- Regular market visits with key distributor/broker personnel to survey accounts against brand standards.
- Managing key customer relationships in both Off and On premise while identifying opportunities that drive more sales and profitability at account level. Will include CRM software usage to capture accurate data points.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate sales expense budgets for the entire Division.
- Support of local events and opportunities
- Represent Four Roses as needed at internally run events and those run by third party agencies.
Customer Inquiries & Complaints
- Assists in resolution of brand inquiries and complaints in the Division.
- Positive attitude, trustworthy, genuine character with excellent reputation
- Displays top notch organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional capacity for selling and ability to be influential with customers
- Maintains a professional image and demeanor at all times
- Results driven, energetic and confident personality
- Passion for the brand, product
- Effective Manager with proven ability to lead
- Solid Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Maintains utmost flexibility for change and situational issues
- Displays self-Initiative, motivated
- Technical Capacity; Engages in self-appraisal and continuous learning
- Highly organized; handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to establish immediate rapport with all levels of the team.
- Excellent collaborator, builds teams and strengthens relationships
- Valid Drivers License
- Knowledgeable of ABC rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills in building successful business and customer relationships
- Must be willing to travel within and outside geographic division as business conditions warrant.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales or related field
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a sales role in the spirits industry
- Computer and software proficiency including strong knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with CRM software.
- Other job related experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced degrees or certifications are highly regarded
- 7 years’ experience is preferable
Job Related Information
The Manager, Division Sales may supervise one or more Broad Market Managers. May also manage outside vendors and contractors.
While performing the duties of this job in the office, will work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular). Could be exposed to infrequent fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration as could be expected in any OSHA compliant operation and may be occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the distillery/warehouse/bottling environment. May be exposed to external weather conditions during outside events.
Travel will be roughly 60-70%. This includes visiting Four Roses distributors, key accounts, and events within the territory. Travel could be required to other sites, cities, or countries to learn more about specific or general operations, equipment, or methods. 30-40% will be worked remotely from a home office.
Division Territory Locations
FL – NC – MS – GA – AL – SC – TN
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing stairs, as the job requires. The employee must work as team member in comparable work and actions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position offers competitive base salary and bonus potential.
- Leased Company Car Provided - insurance, maintenance and gas for company business included
- Great work-life balance with team environment
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Excellent 401(k) contributions
- Vacation and paid holidays