About The Position
The Manager, Broad Market (BMM) is a key position in focusing and developing the Off and On Premise channels for Four Roses Distillery. The BMM will be a highly motivated individual who will lead with an exciting and hands on approach to secure distribution, drive volume, and initiate brand awareness with key target accounts in Chicago-metro, IL and Texas – main markets would be Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio. Missouri and other states may be added at some point. Travel is ~90% with 50-75% of time overnight stays. Nights and weekends work hours are required on occasion.
The BMM is responsible for building relationships and brand equity, awareness, and growth of our products with key accounts to achieve sales goals. This includes driving new distribution, maintaining current shelf placements, executing best in class display, and merchandising activity, securing new drink menus, well, and back bar placements. The BMM acts as the daily brand ambassador with key accounts. The position’s focus territories are key designated metro areas within the region with additional responsibility for overall region performance.
Essential Functions Time Allocations
Major Responsibilities 90%
The BMM is responsible for coordination and administration of various sales activities related to:
Drive account level and distributor engagement strategy for assigned geographic area
- Achieve Depletion and Distribution targets across broad market channels and potentially assigned regional chains – Off and On premise sales responsibilities split with roughly 80% focus in Off-premise and 20% focus On-premise.
- Own and grow direct relationships with a targeted number of key accounts across all channels in assigned geographic area: Approximately 150-200 target Off and On premise accounts to be identified by Division Sales Manager & Sales Director, Account management to include distribution and volume programming, brand building, training, and awareness, best in class merchandising execution, and detailed reporting through Four Roses’ CRM system.
- Work closely with Division Sales Manager to deliver effective pricing and programming strategies: Develop, implement and maintain annual sales plan to execute and achieve daily, weekly and monthly sales targets within designated territory through excellent execution, Manage the execution and track performance against the annual Marketing Plan and brand initiatives.
- Grow market share in geographical territory against key competitive brands in accounts to achieve revenue, profit, and growth targets.
- Track and analyze volume, distribution performance, and the competitive landscape to develop strategies to achieve and overcome sales challenges.
- Own and maintain strong working relationships with Distributor selling teams: Maintain regular ride-with schedule with distributor sales reps and managers, Hold team meetings and trainings across geographic area, Consistently acknowledge and recognize our top performing distributor salespeople
- Collaborate and communicate with Division Sales Manager on all relevant business opportunities and competitive information on a regular and timely basis.
- Advise Four Roses management of any Sales issues or opportunities in assigned geographic area.
- Assist Corporate office with execution of all National events within geographic area.
- Ensure compliance with all National Account programs and executions within assigned area.
- Organize and execute any Regional industry, consumer, and distributor events within assigned area: Execute in store tastings, on premise tastings/trainings, and bourbon dinners which may involve evening and weekend work.
- Plan, administer, and operate geographic area within approved expense and promotional budgets.
Minor Responsibilities 10%
Customer Service and/or Complaints
- Provide customer service and handle customer complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
Other Job Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Positive attitude, trustworthy, genuine character with excellent reputation
- Displays top notch organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional capacity for selling and ability to be influential with customers
- Maintains a professional image and demeanor at all times
- Results driven, energetic and confident personality
- Passion for the Four Roses brand
- Effective Manager with proven ability to lead
- Solid organizational and analytical Skills
- Maintains utmost flexibility for change and situational issues
- Displays self-Initiative, motivated
- Technical capacity; engages in self-appraisal and continuous learning
- Highly organized; handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to establish immediate rapport with all levels of the team.
- Excellent collaborator, builds teams and strengthens relationships
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledgeable of ABC rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills in building successful business and customer relationships
- Must be willing to travel to additional territories as business conditions warrant.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience in spirit sales
- Computer and software proficiency including strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook) as well as experience with CRM systems.
- Other job-related experience
Job Related Information
The BMM will not have any direct reports other than vendors and accounts.
While performing the duties of this job in the office, will work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular). Could be exposed to infrequent fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration as could be expected in any OSHA compliant operation and may be occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the distillery/warehouse/bottling environment. May be exposed to external weather conditions during outside events.
Travel will be required to Four Roses Events, distributors, and key accounts within the territory. Travel could be required to other territories, sites, cities, or countries as necessary. Travel flexibility is required in and outside the normal territory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing stairs, as the job requires. The employee must work as team member in comparable work and actions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Paid time off
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Company provided vehicle
- Travel and Expense budget