Harmless Harvest envisions a world where nutritious, clean, organic and healthy food and beverages are the standard rather than the exception; where all people involved in creating the product are treated with fairness; and the planet is treated harmlessly. We are focused on changing the world, and we are always looking for like-minded, wildly passionate individuals to help us do this. Join the #HarmlessMovement About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, we're looking for a collaborative Brand Manager
and leader to join the Brand team. In this role, the Brand Manager will set and drive strategic base business initiatives, lead key business performance analyses that unlock our next level of growth, and partner in our annual brand marketing planning efforts. He/She will be responsible for leading execution of said strategies, play an integral role in bringing Harmless Harvest's mission to life externally, and partner cross-functionally to bring results to market. The ideal candidate will drive business results, exemplify our mission and values, and have the commensurate level of entrepreneurship, diplomacy and organizational skills. Key Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Development of multi-year strategies and plans to deliver objectives and goals
- Own the P&L for the core business and is responsible for delivering financial targets. Provide P&L support and strategy support on ecomm business as well
- Lead development and execution of annual integrated brand marketing plans to meet sales and brand goals. Partner with other marketing team members and the agency to ensure all tactics ladder up to strategic objectives and executions reflect brand identity and purpose
- Lead mission efforts with support from Marketing Director, including publishing our annual mission report and finding strategic ways to leverage mission in marketing activations. Drive engagement with our mission through the broader company
- Be an advocate for the brand and the consumer and champion a consumer first mindset. Support digital team in development of consumer experience mapping and acting as strategic brand POV on all marketing related content
- Own consumption performance reporting and proactively raises business opportunities and elevates risks during monthly review process. Includes active monitoring of business fundamentals (pricing, distribution, velocities) and aggressive key competitor and deployment/activation of mitigation plans.
- Support in providing marketing inputs during monthly and annual forecast processes
- Provide input into brand innovation, specifically guiding delivery against unique brand proposition. Lead brand renovation and line extension efforts.
- Partner with Sales to develop channel strategies and drive growth business at key customers. Evaluate channel specific needs, identify business opportunities, and track new item distribution and performance, making recommendations on sizing, pricing and assortment as appropriate.
- Develop marketing related content to support sell-in and retailer needs
- Opportunity to manage and develop a direct report
- Minimum of 5 years of brand marketing and strategy experience (consumer packaged goods industry training at a large CPG is a plus)
- Experience launching products, leading cross-functional teams, setting strategic direction, and running marketing campaigns, with strong organizational analytical and writing skills.
- Strength in both creative and analytic endeavors - can easily flip between tasks like packaging review and sales performance analysis
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage up, out and across to get tasks done
- Personal ownership of results, ability to bring an innovative approach to getting things done.
- You always have a point of view and can clearly communicate and advocate for it
- People management skills a plus
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills. Proficiency with the Microsoft product suite (Excel, PPT, Word)
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred