About The Position
We’re a young, hungry company looking to spread the word about happy being® which is why as Field Sales Manager you will lead local sales & distribution activities as we work to expand our footprint in the North East...
Launched in March of 2021 we started happy being® to make the world’s healthiest drinks. And we mean drinks that are actually healthy, not just another low sugar, fair trade, locally sourced, super-fruit infused bottle of water. As founders we’ve all had to deal with a bunch of family health issues which is why we work with top doctors, like Dr. Gerald Lemole MD & Dr. Leo Galland MD, to make sure that every bottle of happy being® has science backed ingredients in the forms & amounts needed to make a real difference in the lives of our customers. We’re also working on making being healthy just a little bit easier, and a little bit more fun. Afterall, when you’re a healthy being, you’re a happy being.
Since launching we’ve been growing rapidly and are poised to accelerate that growth. We were just finalists on BevNet’s New Beverage Showdown ‘21, and are now signing on with large national & regional distributors.
We’re looking for teammates to help us grow happy being® into an iconic brand.
About the job
We’re a young, hungry company looking to spread the word about happy being® which is why as Field Sales Manager you will lead local sales & distribution activities as we work to expand our footprint in the North East with a particular focus on the NYC & PHL Metro areas. You will be responsible for: developing, and executing against, a market sales plan; achieving company revenue and profit targets; closing new accounts; and supporting current and future retail partners so we can deliver sustained, above average sales. Being part of a fast growing startup you will have to be comfortable managing uncertainty, communicating expectations, and needing to wear many hats. Interpersonal and organizational skills are going to be critical as you work to keep happy being® top-of-mind with distributors and retailers.
Being successful in this role requires a high degree of comfort meeting new people, selling & influencing. We expect that the majority of your time will be in the field generating new business, managing brand events & visiting existing accounts. We’re a small team and are committed to supporting you in every way possible as long as you continue pushing the needle for happy being®.
- Excited about entrepreneurship
- Big health fanatic
- Detail oriented & data driven
- 2-4 years of CPG experience
- Excellent presentation skills - both written & verbal
- Working knowledge and experience with Key Account Management
- Excellent negotiator & influencer
- Experience setting, and measuring KPIs
- Curious, forward thinker, owner mentality
- Self-driven, Curious, Confident, Optimistic, and Passionate
- Quick, reliable and a people person. You love networking and meeting new people!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related major
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a motor vehicle
- Able to multi-task in fast-paced sometimes pressured situations.
- Able to set and meet multiple and simultaneous deadlines.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquires new business targets with the assigned region that do not currently sell our branded products.
- Translates business strategy into clear and locally executable plans and focus resources accordingly within their respective customers.
- Customer setup to include all necessary documents requested of the retailer or distributor.
- Effectively manages the entire process from customer meeting to product landing on shelf.
- Collaborates with distributor senior management and account managers.
- Establishes and manages key customer relationships through joint business planning that strengthens and builds on the success of the brand.
- Understands the dynamics of each respective customer.
- Provides insights and direction to develop solutions that promote and build the brand.
- Responsible for executing programs through distributor management and relationships.
- Schedules, conducts, and participates in customer meetings to educate, inform and build capabilities on selling the brand.
- Responsible for building sales presentations and reports to share both internally and with customers that will provide an action-oriented response.
- Supports the execution and management of forecasting, budgets, sales expense, T&E, and reporting.
- Manage brand sampling & guerilla marketing events.