About The Position
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, driven, and creative product manager. Come join our high-growth, fast-paced company where we balance purpose, mission, & giving back with profits!
Title: Product Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Location: Virtual Office - work from home base
In 2011, Bill Glaab and his wife, Courtney Apple, read an article that said 5 million children die each year from water-related illnesses and that 45% of these deaths could be prevented with simple hand washing alone. A lightbulb went off- what if they could create a business that focused on a better soap, that was more sustainable, and could give back by saving lives?
From there, Hand In Hand Soap was born. Hand in Hand exists to harness our collective power as a force for good in the world. We started with one bar of soap and a simple approach: Buy a bar. Give a bar. We lend a hand to help children across the world- for every product purchased, Hand In Hand donates one bar of soap and clean water to a child in need. We have donated over 13 million bars of soap to date. We produce liquid hand soap, bar soap, sugar scrub, body lotion, body wash and are in major retailers across the country such as Whole Foods, Wegmans, Target, Walmart, Kroger, CVS and many more.
The Product Manager will lead activities associated with driving strong in-market performance of Hand In Hand’s current product portfolio and will oversee the development of core line extensions. Other activities will include input into the innovation strategy and product roadmap that will help fuel Hand In Hands growth. The successful candidate will be the product portfolio ‘steward’ that collaborates with the cross-functional product development team to identify, develop and commercialize products and packaging that align with the business and operating plans. They will lead concept development, claims development, and packaging and partner with external agencies as needed and will manage internal stakeholders to seek early alignment on the product strategy.
● Build deep knowledge and expertise in Hand In Hand’s products, categories, and competitors through syndicated data analysis, store visits, online research, etc.
● Deliver thoughtful and strategic recommendations for optimizations to Hand in Hand’s current product lines to improve market performance, competitiveness, consumer satisfaction, growth, and profitability
● For new products, provide a robust business case for product recommendations with clear marketing/business objectives, competitive context, cost targets, forecasts, unit P&s
● Lead key product-related initiatives (e.g., packaging, pricing, line extensions, etc.) with cross-functional partners to launch with excellence
● Identify winning claims that meet legal and regulatory requirements
● Ensure sensory/clinical testing is conducted
● Support portfolio diversification through rich consumer insights, thorough competitive and market analyses, and a deep understanding of emerging trends
● Inspire and lead cross-functional teams; works closely with other departments such as Research & Development, Operations, and Sales
● Packaging Development: in partnership with brand owners, create and update packaging graphics that enhance brand equity and comply with any regulatory or legal guidelines. Lead packaging refresh/roll-out efforts
● Bring a mindset of purpose & sustainability into product development
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
● Go-getter and self-starter: we’re looking for someone who is comfortable taking the lead, moving quickly, and optimizing in real time
● Exceptionally strong project management skills and experience, including management of product initiatives (innovation, line extensions, product renovation projects, etc.)
● Fluency on product line P&Ls within retail CPG environment, and experience leading initiatives to drive top-line growth and profitability
● Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present and communicate with internal stakeholders and senior management is required
● Ability to manage, influence, motivate and lead people is required
● Comfort with ambiguity and leading change is required. Affinity to work in a team environment is required
● Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
● Fluency in syndicated retailer data and analysis
● Genuine dedication to purpose-driven brand building
Required Education / Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing
● Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in product marketing at CPG company
● Solid Microsoft Office 365 skills- Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Teams
● Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
● Work in a virtual office setting
● Must be able to work in a remote capacity and interface successfully with other members of the company
Similar jobs to check out:
Position Title: Sr. Manager, eCommerce Data and Product Location: New York, NY (Headquarters) Who We ArePernod Ricard is the #2 luxury spirits organization globally. Our world-class spirits, wines, and champagnes portfolio in...
Position Title: Manager, CRM Location: New York, NY (Headquarters) Who We ArePernod Ricard is the #2 global luxury spirits organization. Our world-class spirits, wines, and champagnes portfolio includes Jameson, Absolut, Perri...
Introduction: PR North America is the largest region globally for the company. The market is diverse with some states that have awareness and usage of specific spirt categories and Pernod-Ricard brands, and others that are emerging. The spiri...