About The Position
As shipping coordinator you are responsible for moving out all packages in the growing & dynamic beer business. A successful candidate for this role must demonstrate a "can do" attitude while overseeing duties on the warehouse floor.
Half-Time Beverage is actively seeking a Shipping Coordinator to join the team in Mamaroneck, NY!
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Director of E-Commerce in coordinating duties on the warehouse floor.
- Perform all shipping tasks including, but not limited to the selection, printing, packing, processing, and shipping of customer orders.
- Oversee seasonal staffing and coordinate the activities of assigned personnel including warehouse leads
- Train seasonal workers in equipment operation, shipping, and stocking supplies.
- Operate and troubleshoot machinery such as material-handling equipment, packing machines, soldering tools as well as an assortment of electronic measuring tools.
- Operate a computer to process reports, forms, and assist in maintaining inventory of warehouse materials as required.
- Provide support in areas where help is needed
- Process all shipping paperwork as needed
- Assist in the receiving and counting of inbound goods
- Open building and close as needed
- Act as backup to key warehouse positions
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Assist with physical inventory and cycle counts.
- Must be highly mechanically inclined
- Perform other tasks as needed by management
- Bachelor’s degree, however we will consider equivalent combination of experience and education. Must have comprehensive training in areas such as business administration, computer science and accounting - which is usually acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program.
- 3- 5 years prior experience in a management role in a warehouse environment
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced distribution environment
- Experience with Microsoft office programs Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Multi-tasking skills are a must
- Ability to train and give direction to others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work varying shifts and weekends to support business
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to reach overhead
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
In order for your résumé to be considered you must send your salary requirements with your résumé.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday to Friday
- Holidays/Weekends if needed