About The Position
Account Managers are responsible for growing the volume and gain distribution of Guardian beers sold in their territory. To grow volume, some specific activities you will be responsible for include:
- Be knowledgeable about Guardian brands and packages, passionate about craft beer. Beer first.
- Drive sales volume and distribution in the assigned territory by identifying new opportunities, active selling, and motivating distributor sales teams to prioritize the brand in their portfolio.
- Develop and maintain relationships with management, retail sales staff, and bartenders in key accounts.
- Execute sell-through and merchandising initiatives for retail accounts to increase consumer trial and engagement.
- Work in collaboration with your assigned team to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and implement promotions.
- Achieve sales goals.
- Use Encompass data to identify opportunities or gain other business insights.
- Maintain a consistent visitation schedule within the market, hitting target account list including chain and independent on and off premise accounts.
- Monitor beer inventory to maintain proper levels based on sales trends, promotions, new product introductions and our core & seasonal offerings as well as maintain our standard for quality products.
- Monitors product freshness based on date codes at both distributor warehouses and key retail accounts.
- Represents Guardian at tastings, tap events and conferences.
- Conduct formal training and ride-withs with supplier sales representatives in assigned markets.
- Setup and conduct staff training for key accounts.
- Hosts occasional on premise demonstrations/presentations.
- Performs administrative tasks as required including expense reports, work calendars, sales goals, etc.
- 90% of time spent actively selling to deliver distribution goals, rate of sale goals, volume goals, period priorities and distributor work-withs.
- 10% administrative.
- Prior Sales Experience a plus – retail, distributor route, or business development
- Experience in on and off premise segment a plus
- Passionate fan of craft beer and knowledge about craft beer styles and current trends.
- Strong customer service skills and supportive, collaborative attitudes.
- Positive attitude and ‘can do, get it done’ mentality on driving business.
- 3-4 years’ experience in sales and customer service.
- Computer skills: Google Drive, Encompass, VIP
- Clean driving record
We offer a competitive salary and bonus compensation package based on your qualifications.
Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurances, 401k, and generous paid time off and much more.