About The Position
The Field Sales Manager serves as a dedicated Sales resource in the assigned territory.
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client, Topo Chico:
Topo Chico, part of Coca Cola’s family of brands, has become the sparkling water of choice. The Mexican mineral water was founded in 1895 and is bottled at the source in Monterrey, Mexico. With its bright fizziness, this bubbly mineral water, in retro green-tinted glass bottles, has developed a fervent cult following. Consumers love the authentic sparkling water for its bright, clean taste and Mixologists love using Topo Chico in their cocktails for its subtle flavor, perfect amount of bubbles, and crisp finish. The secret behind Topo Chico is its great taste and rich heritage that has created a deep connection with tastemakers and consumers. Join the movement and start living La Vida Topo.
The Field Sales Manager (FSM) serves as a dedicated sales resource within an assigned territory. Through the direction of the Greenhouse Director of Field Marketing and the Topo Chico Regional Sales Manager, the FSM is accountable for the development of the Topo Chico portfolio within the FSOP (Foodservice On-Premise) channel. The FSM works closely with local market stakeholders to add value to both the Topo Chico portfolio and its bottler/distributor partners. The FSM will be responsible for growing distribution, driving case volume, and implementing effective pull-through programming within Lighthouse Accounts. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have credibility in the Alcohol-Beverage industry and have the ability to develop account relationships that drive velocity through engagement, brand advocacy, and brand education with consumers, trade, and bottler/distributor partners.
Lighthouse Account Management:
- Build trusting relationships with key on-premise customers to collaboratively build their profitability through the implementation of Topo Chico Guest Marketing Programs
- Serve as the primary contact for brand expertise/training to consumers and trade at on-premise top trending and influential accounts
- Elevate Topo Chico profile and drive case sale velocity in 30 influential accounts:
- Gain exclusive sparkling water availability
- Cultivate waitstaff Topo Chico advocacy
- Implement the appropriate drink strategy based on account/consumer psychographics
- Secure everyday availability and menu features (digital & print)
- Develop innovative drink features
- Create, execute and evaluate trade incentive programs
- Train and support bottler/distributor sales teams. Establish strong working relationships with the bottler/distributor sales teams by delivering business back to the wholesaler and being the go-to person for brand information, and client processes
- Coordinate with distributor sales teams to ensure growing distribution of Topo Chico SKUs & varietals
- Create and manage Lighthouse Account profiles. Update program stakeholders regularly on account performance, modifications, and gaps. Create an action plan(s) to address gaps.
- Monitor bottler/distributor inventories to help ensure timely ordering patterns for all product and point of sale orders.
- Secure and conduct sales meetings (live or virtual) with bottler/distributor sales staff to launch new
- programming, brand and product training, and incentive activities
Planning and Execution:
- Build weekly plans that reflect the KPI metrics and brand priorities
- Continually evaluate program effectiveness, develop ideas to improve, and collaborate with leadership to implement
- Cultivate opportunities with Spirit and Wine brands within the local market and manage partnerships to drive volume and velocity
- Coordinate and leverage both consumer and account Point of Sale (POS)
- Report consumer/channel/competitive insights to the client
- Create sales reports and communicate local brand information and events
- 2-4 years of beverage sales experience; On-Premise, Alcohol-Beverage experience preferred
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Excellent communication and presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Has strong Business Acumen, including Microsoft Office, Professional Communication, and Presentation development
- Ability to work with relevant social media channels and understand the brand’s social media strategy
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Must be willing to live in the focus market: Los Angeles, CA
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
- Ability to travel out of state
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, email and in presentations
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative programming designed around the target consumer.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Communication: Provides thorough communication with Greenhouse, Client, and Bottler/Distributor contacts. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts report timely and accurate within Greenhouse CRM tools.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 60,000 – $ 70,000
Bonus Opportunity: 10%
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K