Greenhouse Agency - Topo Chico
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client, Topo Chico:
Topo Chico offers a line of thirst quenching, zero-calorie natural mineral waters that are refreshing and serve as the perfect mixer. The story of Topo Chico harkens to the legend of Aztec Emperor Moctezuma's ailing daughter who was refreshed, strengthened, and reinvigorated by the natural spring waters in Monterrey Mexico, where Topo Chico has been bottled at the source since 1895. The secret behind Topo Chico is its great taste and rich heritage that has created a deep connection with tastemakers and consumers. Join the movement and start living La Vida Topo.
The Brand Development Specialist (BDS) serves as a dedicated Sales resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of the Greenhouse Director of Field Marketing (DFM) and the Topo Chico Regional Sales Manager (TCM), the BDS is accountable with building profitable volume of Topo Chico brands through expansion of outlet distribution, implementation of key strategies and superior execution of promotional programs with the direct Topo Chico accounts, Coca Cola bottlers and coordinating closely with local & regional sales team or distributors in the market. This role will develop account relationships to drive velocity through engagement, brand advocacy, and brand education with consumers and trade. Additionally, the ideal candidate is self-driven, and looking to be a part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company that's making a difference.
Key Account Management 70%:
- Within assigned market, execute the brand strategy at store level, Coca Cola bottlers, and distributor
- Execute and implement Yellow Box guidelines and store planograms
- Secure outlet availability by influencing local key account contacts as required
- Negotiate with distributor buyers and regional store manager plans & actions to increase sales and availability in key retail accounts
Planning and Execution 20%:
- Assist and support sales functions at food shows, sales shows and event where Topo Chico is involved or participating
- Execute Brand Marketing campaigns
- Maintain optimal inventory at stores and distributors warehouses
- Manage storage unit and track POS inventory and Budget
- Coordinate and work closely with Field Marketing Team or Marketing agency to increase Topo Chico penetration, sales and brand awareness throughout territory
- Submit regular reports and recaps outlining objectives, results, barriers and opportunities as provided/assigned
- Monitor and report competitor activities, pricing, and marketing strategies
- Responsible for weekly reports on pricing, volume per outlet (VPO), and store tracking
- 2-3 years of CPG products sales experience
- Beverage industry experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong brand marketing and negotiation skills
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Excellent communication and presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Has strong Business Acumen, including Microsoft Office, Professional communication, and Presentation development
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
- Ability to travel out of state
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, email and in presentations
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with Systems, Customers and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company, distributors and VEB Bottler contacts)
- Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.