About The Position
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize cross-functional organization-wide projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This role will be responsible for planning work, assessing resource availa
Green River Spirits Company, founded in 2008, is headquartered in North Charleston, SC and specializes in the production of distilled spirits. We have 4 distinct business pillars: Private Label, Private Brand, Managed Brand and Bulk Sales. Through our Private Label pillar, we develop premium spirits brands, leveraging our 50+ years of global brand creation to develop beautifully crafted products for leading retail chains’ private label agenda. Our Private Brand pillar is a dedicated division designed to support brand owners in bringing their visions to life. We are proud partners with some of the fastest growing brands in the U.S., providing award winning spirits + world class logistics support for supplier companies big and small. We have a stellar portfolio of our own managed brands in the KY market as the jewels of our crowing achievements. We also sell bulk bourbon and rye whiskey in barrels, tankers & totes to global spirits companies and U.S. craft distilleries to supplement their production needs.
Additionally, Green River Spirits owns and operates the historic Green River Distilling Company in Owensboro, KY. Fully renovated in 2016, the distillery is the 10th permitted distillery in the state and the 4th largest independent bourbon distillery in the US. Originally founded in 1885 our distillery has a storied bourbon lineage. We are a heritage member of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Our Master Distiller is Jacob Call, an Eighth-generation Kentuckian and Master Distiller. He oversees all aspects of whiskey production and warehousing.
Job Description: Senior Project Manager
Job Classification: Full Time – Salary
Date: April 7, 2021
Position Overview: The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize cross-functional organization-wide projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This role will be responsible for planning work, assessing resource availability, securing and managing external resources where needed, tracking and communicating progress on key capital projects.
Project Manager Job Description
She/he must have a combination of technical, organizational and communication skills in order to oversee all aspects of project management. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of capital and cross functional projects on time within budget and within scope. Setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress of project are critical as well as preparing reports for executive management regarding status of project and recommendations.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of experience in project management and Certification (PMP/PRINCE 2) is preferred. Work in Fast Moving Consumer Packaged Goods / the wine and spirits industry is a plus, but extensive manufacturing experience is a requirement. The successful candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. In order to perform a variety of tasks, lead and direct the work of others, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The position will report into the Director of Marketing and Innovation. Initial projects will focus on sales and marketing needs, but the right candidate will enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Responsible for project management lifecycle activities including (but not limited to):
- Initiating projects: Work with members of the business unit to clarify the current challenge, identify options to address it technically using existing systems or 3rd party vendors, establish high level scope and budget, quantify the business benefits, and propose recommended solution(s) via documentation and presentations to senior management
- Product management mindset – delivering projects with the bigger picture of the product roadmap and long-term services in mind
- Planning projects: Perform extended requirements gathering, finalize scope, develop RFP(s), develop schedule to minimize conflict between business activities and concurrent projects, finalize initial project budget and timeline, document all above planning steps
- Executing and Monitoring projects: Act as the primary point of contact on the project, moderate project status meetings, identify, track, and resolve issues and risks, ensure projects are performing to scope, budget, and timeline, communicate changes, provide appropriate status reports to executive management and stakeholders, develop test plans and coordinate their execution
- Provide support for implemented systems. As more serious organizational or technical issues arise, define the parameters of the problem and communicate to internal experts or third-party vendors for resolution
- Manage day-to-day activities of business systems analysis as well hiring, coaching, development, setting goals and evaluating performance
- Investigate business processes to gain in depth knowledge ahead of future projects and initiatives
- Develop, improve, and champion good project management and project execution practices within the Operations, R&D, finance and Sales & Marketing Team
- Introduce and develop methodologies in a fast-paced high growth driven environment
- Ensure that projects in the organization are following Project Management Institute recognized and company adopted standards and best practices, as well as financial reporting requirements
- Partner with the team members to promote and evolve design, development, and testing standards
- Adhere to company policies and procedures when performing tasks to ensure controls are in place and goals are met. Adhere to standards for testing, documentation, and change management
- Working conditions: Occasional travel may be required (<20%) to Kentucky, South Carolina and other 3rd party facilities
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
§ Project Management Experience
§ Confident and articulate communicator
§ Developing and Tracking budgets
§ Collaboration with team environment
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Office / iOS
§ Proficiency in Monday.com or comparable PM platform
§ Reasoning ability to define and resolve problems
§ Attention to detail & organizational skills
§ Understanding of business etiquette
§ Strong listening skills
§ Operates semi-autonomously in a high growth environment
§ Effective Time Management to meet deadlines
§ A bias toward action
§ People Management Experience
§ Process Improvement
§ Performance Management
§ Inventory Control
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 6+ years of experience in a fast-moving consumer goods company (spirits preferred)
· Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE 2 certification is a plus
· Action-Oriented: Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment – flex to stakeholder needs and inputs.
· Project Management: Able to manage multiple work streams so that tactics are of quality, on time, and delivered within budget.
• Innovation — “There is always a better way.” Displays curiosity, optimism original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Teamwork — We not Me. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Continuous source of positivity across organization especially under stressful situations.
• “Gets Stuff done” – A mover and a shaker in the organization; strong bias for action; a reputation for over delivering; high work ethic; sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Integrity and Leadership – Always does the right thing even when no one is watching; Leads by example; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Leads by example; Treats all with respect regardless of position.
• Compassionate Directness – Ability to communicate authentically and with skill; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.