About The Position
GOOD PLANeT Foods is seeking a Senior Director of Operations & Supply Chain. We are looking to hire a motivated and ambitious leader with exceptional communication and strategic skills to support a lean and energetic team.
GOOD PLANeT Foods is the fastest growing brand in the plant-based cheese category. Our products are available nationally through retailers such as Wegmans, Wakefern, Sprouts, etc. and can be found in restaurants and packaged foods around the world. To learn more, visit www.goodplanetfoods.com
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring high quality, stable yet flexible manufacturing capability to support rapid growth and geographic expansion.
• Responsible for overseeing all third-party co-packing operations and identifying and negotiating with additional co-packers.
• Manage partnerships with existing & contract manufacturer relationships, to maintain excellence in service levels and product quality while finding new & efficient ways to lower costs
• Oversee to varying degrees, procurement, inbound logistics, production planning, packaging, quality control, processing, warehousing, and outbound logistics and manage all technical activities associated with new product and packaging development and introduction.
• Establish best practices for supply chain management, procurement, and production scheduling
• Integrate ecommerce, distributor and direct sales channels through EDI and other connections
• Create Dashboards and information systems to help manage all parts of supply chain (Inventory, COGS, Service Metrics, Freight/Storage Spend, Warehouse Capacity, Turn, etc.)
• Direct Supply Chain Manager & Team in all functions. (eg. Use forecast to determine in-stock levels and plan production as needed. Write purchase orders and procure all materials for scheduled production runs. Etc.)
• Support Logistics/Fulfillment Manager and Team in all functions. (eg. Coordinate and manage warehouses & shipments to different customer warehouses. Monitor warehouse finished product inventory to fulfill sales orders and maintain sufficient product shelf life. Etc.)
• Work cross functionally with all necessary team members
• Search for improvement opportunities in all areas of supply chain, warehousing, and transportation
• Collaborate when needed with external agencies and other vendor parties
• Manage COGS / BOM and forecast goals for cost reduction through volume and procurement purchases
• Responsible for maintaining the ERP and ensuring inventory and BOM accuracy.
• Interface with sales, marketing, and finance to ensure strategies meet demand and take a hands-on approach to executing the strategy and addressing real-time problems and opportunities.
• Create and implement inventory and production forecasting models, based on sales projections, distribution metrics, historical revenue, age of stock and safety stock assumptions
• 10+ years of experience in a CPG food manufacturing environment in operations/supply chain/logistics
• 5+ years of experience in refrigerated supply chain required, with dairy manufacturing strongly preferred, preferably in the cheese or yogurt industry
• Proven background with streamlining the supply chain, logistics, fulfillment of a complex system with co-manufacturers
• Strong communication skills: able to liaise with confidence and influence co-packers, wholesaler executives, Brokers, Finance Team, and Executive Team.
• Experience at a fast-growing food and beverage startup is ideal
• Strong multi-tasker, able to self-direct and redirect when needed
• Entrepreneurially minded, will need to be able to think on your feet
• Strong Excel skills
GOOD PLANeT Foods is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you are a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a fast-growing startup within a diverse and dynamic team, we would love to hear from you!