About The Position
Representing a European Fortune 500 spirits company looking to increase our footprint in the American market!
About The Position
We’ve identified a need for a Key Account Manager in our growing Upstate New York market. Ideal candidate is an experienced spirits sales professional with a track record of developing brands in their territories.
Must be based in Upstate NY (ALBANY, SYRACUSE, ROCHESTER, or BUFFALO) to be considered.
This position will lead the company’s sales efforts and be the direct contact for our distributor network. Generate new accounts, strengthen relationships with existing accounts, and leading sales efforts from our distributor’s sales force. The position reports to the National Sales Director.
The right person for this role:
- Embrace the challenge of sales and bringing unique solutions to our customer’s needs.
- Know how to work with existing accounts, generate new business, and maximizing our distributor relationships.
- Ideally have worked for a local area spirits distributor or supplier.
- Have a 3+ year record of sales growth in related fields. Relationships are an important tool to start strong, so previous experience is highly valued.
- Experience with chain accounts is a plus. Must have key accounts relationships throughout the territory.
- Manage and build our business partnerships with distributors, brokers and both on-premises/off-premises accounts.
- Create annual sales & promotion plans with our distributors using agreed upon objectives.
- Build your book of business through targeted sales, fostering growth in current markets, and market expansion.
- Regularly analyze sales effectiveness and recommend improvements where appropriate.
- Carry out sales calls individually and develop strong relationships with key accounts.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure implementation of overall strategy for marketing programs and sales performance.
- Ensure that proper brand standards and trade standards are worked on in the market and achieved.
- Connect with on/off premises accounts to organize and manage promotions and events within an assigned budget. Coordinate and execute a broad range of activities such as product training and presentations, account calls, tastings, promotions, events
- Work with the marketing teams to execute and monitor the designed programs, creating efficiencies, growth in sales, in profits and cost performance.
- Identify and deliver on new potential selling channels.
- Maximize results by effectively utilizing resources and budgets provided.
(1) Daily -
- Market update. General report of what happened in the market today.
- Can be sales calls updates, actual sales, retailer conversations, POS observations, Competitive brand events or occurrences, etc.
- KPI Report – Goals are set and evaluated monthly.
- Due by the 10th of the following month.
- Annual performance reporting.
- Comparison of all monthly KPI reports.
- Must have a strong communication-based work ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and internal company personnel.
- Must be able to draft, analyze and interpret general and financial business reports and projections.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must have the ability to solve practical and critical problems and deal with a variety of situations and conclude with a resolution.
- Knowledge and hands on skills with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + sales performance annual bonus
- 3 weeks paid vacation after first year
- Car allowance and reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement