Global Spirits USA
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
MUST BE BASED IN NYC/LONG ISLAND TO BE CONSIDERED.
This position will lead the company’s sales efforts and be the direct contact for our distributor network. The position reports to the National sales director with growth opportunities.
The right person for this role must:
- Embrace big challenges and relish helping develop ways of doing things that haven’t been done before.
- Must have great distributor relationships and retail contacts.
- Be a wine or spirits regional sales manager with relationships built up over 3+ years of managing distributors in different states.
- Enjoy traveling and be willing to travel 5% to 15% of the year.
- Be looking to join an entrepreneurial small company with big ambition.
- Experience with the chain accounts is a plus. Must have key accounts relationships throughout the territory.
- Knowledge of a second language, especially Russian or Ukrainian, is a plus.
- Manage and nurture our business partnerships with our distributors, brokers and key on –and –off –premise trade accounts.
- Lead the development of the brands, creating an enhanced route-to-market over the next several years. Help us develop the structure and manage growth.
- Create annual sales & promotion plans with our distributors against agreed sales objectives.
- Grow the business through a targeted distribution and rate-of-sale growth in current markets and market expansion with appropriate new partners.
- Inspire, influence, and manage for great sales execution by our distributor partners.
- Regularly analyze our sales effectiveness and recommend improvements where appropriate.
- Program and carry out effectively sales calls individually and develop strong relationships with key accounts across the territory.
- Coordinate sales efforts to ensure implementation of overall strategy and marketing programs as well as sales performance.
- Ensure that proper brand standards and trade standards are worked on in the market and achieved.
- Connect with the wholesale network to coordinate and execute a broad range of activities such as product training and presentations, account calls, tastings, promotions, events. Connect with the on and off premise trade to organize and manage promotions and events while simultaneously managing an assigned budget.
- Work with the marketing teams to execute and monitor effectively the designed programs, creating efficiencies, growth in sales, in profits and cost performance.
- Identify and deliver on new and incremental selling channels.
- Obtain results by effectively utilizing resources and budget provided.
- (1) Daily-
- *Daily 5 points:
- 5point daily recap of the days TOP 5 events.
- Can be sales calls, actual sales, retailer conversations, POS observations, Competitive brand events or occurrences, etc.
- Due by 10PM of the same day.
- (2) Weekly-
- *Trade calls report:
- It needs to be complete and thorough. Details on all that previous week’s trade calls including presentations, to whom, results, sales, store observations, follow up etc. Total sales per visit.
- Due by noon of the following Monday for the previous weeks work.
- (3) Monthly-
- *Competitive pricing report.
- Due by the 10th of the following month.
- (1) Daily-
- Must have a strong communication ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and internal company personnel.
- Experience in leading sales staff. Performed functions of training, developing, coaching, disciplining and conducting performance reviews with subordinates.
- Must be able to draft, analyze and interpret general and financial business reports and projections.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must have the ability to solve practical and critical problems and deal with a variety of situations and conclude with a resolution.
- Knowledge and hands on skills with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- 3 weeks paid vacation after first year
- Car allowance and reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Reports To National Sales Director