About the roleFull Stack Engineer (with a focus in React)at Gainful HealthNew York, New York, United States
Gainful is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make elite sports nutrition accessible for everybody.Job Description:
We are looking for a software engineer with 3+ years of experience with ReactJS. You will work with the CTO and other team members to plan, design, and implement new features using React and Django/Django Rest framework. Ultimately, we aim to build scalable solutions that delight our customers across all steps in their lifecycle: pre-purchase, post-purchase, reactivation, etc.
You will be directly responsible for making decisions regarding our frontend framework: what technologies we use, how we implement tests, how we create processes to improve engineering quality while continuously delivering improvements for our customers.Responsibilities include:
- Continuously iterate and improve Gainful's software to create a world class personalized experience
- Continuously iterate and improve Gainful's software performance
- Work with data/growth team to plan, test, and implement new changes
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code along with the paired backend solution
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Working with the rest of the team to test and review new code. Use data to confidently make decisions
Other things to know:
- 3+ years experience in a software engineering role using React
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Relentlessness in optimization
- Ability to work in a start-up environment, often with ambiguous directives
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with MySQL database
- Experience with Django or similar backend framework
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Redshift
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Location: Manhattan, New York City
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- An eye for design and a desire to create a delightful user experience
- Experience working on a small team with opportunity to make a big impact
- Hybrid in-office (~3 days/week) and work from home (~2 days/week)
- Hours: Full time, unlimited PTO
Competitive salary + equityOther things to knowInsurance:
Medical: Your choice between 6 Aetna plans (some of which are HSA eligible). Gainful covers the full cost of the two plans with the lowest premiums. Gainful also covers 50% of dependents.
Dental: Your choice between Aetna 3 Low Dental PPO (Gainful covers full premium, the employee pays $0) or Aetna 1 High Dental PPO+ plan.
Vision: Your choice between Aetna Vision Preferred (Gainful covers full premium, the employee pays $0) or Aetna Vision+ Preferred.Pre-tax benefits
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Lunch every Thursday
- Free snacks/beverages of every kind
- Unlimited Gainful product & swag
- Monthly company happy hours or workout classes
- Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to do your job
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are :)Why you should join Gainful
Gainful is performance nutrition that unlocks your full potential. We provide personalized products and 1:1 Registered Dietitian support to empower active people to reach their unique goals by transforming their health.
Founded in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Our current products are Personalized Protein, Personalized Hydration, Personalized Pre-Workout, and our line of Performance Boosts (Collagen, Creatine, and Fiber).