About the role
SENIOR MANAGER - CRM, RETENTION AND LOYALTY
Gainful is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund, BrandProject, and Courtside VC, AF Ventures, and Round13 Capital). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for every body. Our current suite of products includes Personalized Protein, Personalized Hydration, Personalized Pre-Workout, Collagen Performance Boost, Creatine Performance Boost, and Fiber Performance Boost.
We are looking for a highly experienced, creative, data-driven and technical Senior Manager of Retention and Loyalty to own our loyalty programs and manage the strategy behind our CRM program. The right person for this role has extensive experience developing, tracking and optimizing retention initiatives and working cross-functionally with stakeholders and executors. The ideal candidate also has a deep technical understanding of CRM and strong data analysis and presentation skills. This will be a high-autonomy role, where you will work highly cross-functionally, partnering with multiple teams to support our Retention efforts including: Product, Growth, Analytics, Customer Experience, Register Dietitians. This role is essential to the growth and success of Gainful. If you're excited by the massive responsibility and opportunity this presents, read on.
- Own and execute Gainful's Retention and Loyalty strategy with the ultimate goal of increasing the LTV of our subscribers
- Own our rewards, referrals, customer appreciation and ambassador-style loyalty programs.
- Oversee our lifecycle initiatives through email, SMS and box inserts
- Leverage our access to highly personalized customer data and our team of in-house Registered Dietitians to build a world-class subscription experience.
- Ensure impeccable email deliverability and lifecycle compliance across all channels and regions.
- Work with our Customer Experience team to diagnose and fix communication failures and identify messaging / product features that drive customer loyalty.
- Know our customer lifecycle in and out to work towards improving retention and re-activation
- Report out weekly on lifecycle and retention initiatives and lead monthly meetings for cross-functional stakeholders on performance and planning.
- Manage a team of 2 highly talented team members
- 5-7 years experience managing retention and CRM programs
- Advanced knowledge of Klaviyo or closely comparable ESP
- Significant experience with SMS marketing
- Expert knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance domestically and internationally (e.g. GDPR and CCPA)
- Creative with an eye for design (physical and digital UX/UI)
- Motivated with a strong ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent copywriter and communicator
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Inherently analytical and data-driven, including a strong understanding of email marketing metrics, Experience using a data visualization platform, such as Looker
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or fitness
- Experience at a high-growth startup, preferably a tech-enabled consumer brand
- Experience working with subscription products
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are :)Why you should join Gainful
Gainful is performance nutrition that unlocks your full potential. We provide personalized products and 1:1 Registered Dietitian support to empower active people to reach their unique goals by transforming their health.
Founded in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Our current products are Personalized Protein, Personalized Hydration, Personalized Pre-Workout, and our line of Performance Boosts (Collagen, Creatine, and Fiber).