is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for every body. Our first 3 products are Personalized Protein Powder, Hydration, and Pre-Workout. Job Description:
We are looking for a software engineer with 5+ years of experience with Django and cloud services such as AWS. As the 4th full time engineer on this team, you will be a leader in the effort to continue to roll out new features with the goal of creating a delightful experience for Gainful's customers as they interact with the digital product across all steps in their lifecycle: pre-purchase, post-purchase, reactivation, etc. The ideal candidate will also build, run, and scale services in AWS to support our rapidly evolving infrastructure needs. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the CTO and other team members to plan, design, and implement new features
- Owning AWS infrastructure and deployment schedules
- Develop and own process of CI/CD
- Improve performance and tracking of asynchronous tasks using Celery / RabbitMQ
- Ensure backend code is optimized for performance
- Maintain and improve existing data warehousing solutions with an emphasis on security
Other things to know:
- 3-5 years experience in software engineering role using Django
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Redshift
- Experience managing and optimizing MySQL databases for high availability, scalability, and performance
- Experience with containerization, configuration, and orchestration of applications/microservices (Docker/AWS ecs/kubernetes)
- Experience working with message brokers such as Redis/RabbitMQ and asynchronous tasks queues like Celery
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins, CircleCI, or similar
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Relentlessness in optimization
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- Experience working on a small team without clearly defined tasks
Manhattan, New York City
- Hybrid in-office (~3 days/week) and work from home (~2 days/week)
- Full remote work situations will be considered
Full time, unlimited PTOPay:
competitive salary + equityInsurance:
- Medical: Your choice between 6 Aetna plans (some of which are HSA eligible). Gainful covers the full cost of the two plans with lowest premiums. Gainful also covers 50% of dependents.
- Dental: Your choice between Aetna 3 Low Dental PPO (Gainful covers full premium, employee pays $0) or Aetna 1 High Dental PPO+ plan.
- Vision: Your choice between Aetna Vision Preferred (Gainful covers full premium, employee pays $0) or Aetna Vision+ Preferred.
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 12 weeks paid leave + 0 weeks unpaid leave (mothers & fathers).
- Parental paid leave may be taken at any point in the first 12 months after child is born.
- Free snacks/beverages
- Unlimited Gainful product & swag
- Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to do your job
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are