About the role
Full Stack Engineer at Gainful HealthNew York, New York, United States
Gainful is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for everybody.
Gainful is positioned to become the category leader in personalized nutrition, with personalized protein powder the first of many products. We are excited to find incredible team members to join us on this journey.Job Description:
We are looking for a software engineer with 3-5 years of experience with Django. You will be a leader in the effort to continue to roll out new features with the goal of creating a delightful experience for Gainful's customers as they interact with the digital product across all steps in their lifecycle: pre-purchase, post-purchase, reactivation, etc. You will be responsible for creating hypotheses for improvements, testing, rolling out, and continuously monitoring these changes. You will ensure that these improvements and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure by working closely with the engineering team as well as growth marketing teams.Responsibilities include:
Working with the Director of Engineering and other team members to plan, design, and implement new features Developing new user-facing features using React and Django/Django Rest framework to build scalable solutions that delight our customers
- Continuously iterate and improve Gainful software for customer experience and personalized experience
- Continuously iterate and improve Gainful software performance
- Work with data/growth team to plan, test, and implement new changes
- Maintain and improve existing data warehousing solutions
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code along with the paired backend solution
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Working with the rest of the team to test and review new code. Use data to confidently make decisions
Other things to know:
- 3-5 years experience in a software engineering role using Django/Django Rest Framework and React
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Relentlessness in optimization
- Ability to work in a start-up environment, often with ambiguous directives
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with MySQL database
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Redshift
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Location: Manhattan, New York City
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- An eye for design and a desire to create a delightful user experience
- Experience working on a small team without clearly defined tasks
Pay: competitive salary + equityInsurance:
- Hybrid in-office (~3 days/week) and work from home (~2 days/week)
- Full remote work situations will be considered
- Hours: Full time, unlimited PTO
Medical: Your choice between 6 Aetna plans (some of which are HSA eligible). Gainful covers the full cost of the two plans with the lowest premiums. Gainful also covers 50% of dependents.
Dental: Your choice between Aetna 3 Low Dental PPO (Gainful covers full premium, the employee pays $0) or Aetna 1 High Dental PPO+ plan.
Vision: Your choice between Aetna Vision Preferred (Gainful covers full premium, the employee pays $0) or Aetna Vision+ Preferred.Pre-tax benefits
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Start Date: ASAP
- Lunch every other Friday
- Free snacks/beverages of every kind
- Unlimited Gainful product & swag
- Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to do your job
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are :)Why you should join Gainful
Gainful is performance nutrition that unlocks your full potential. We provide personalized products and 1:1 Registered Dietitian support to empower active people to reach their unique goals by transforming their health.
Founded in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Our current products are Personalized Protein, Personalized Hydration, Personalized Pre-Workout, and our line of Performance Boosts (Collagen, Creatine, and Fiber).