(Level with be based on experience of candidate) Gainful
is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for every body. Our first 3 products are Personalized Protein Powder, Hydration, and Pre-Workout. Job Description:
We are looking for an engineering manager
(NYC based) with a passion for building teams and delivering world class products. You will be a core member of the executive team and report directly to the CEO. You will help build and lead an engineering team around the globe to build the world's first personalized nutrition and fitness platform. You Will:
We're Looking For Someone Who Has:
- Lead and support a team of 5+ engineers to drive personal and career development
- Remove roadblocks and obstacles to deliver product releases that meet requirements, at-quality, on-time, and on-budget
- Coordinate with each individual contributor to develop processes that drive the greatest positive impact for the engineering team & for the business
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design teams to prioritize, schedule, scope, resource, and solve problems
- Participate in system design and architecture conversations
- Own and execute engineering decisions that balance short term and long term goals
- Build a culture of speed, innovation, collaboration, and ownership
- Recruit a world class engineering team, both US based and abroad.
- 3-7 years experience leading engineering teams
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, or Engineering
- Success managing teams in rapid product development, including remote and offshore teams
- Hands on experience with our tech stack: AWS, Django, React, MySQL
- Experience building a consumer product and iterating based on customer feedback and data :
Working at Gainful:Location:
- Bonus: Background in other parts of our stack/pipeline:
- Containerization, configuration, and orchestration of applications/microservices (Docker/AWS ecs/kubernetes)
- Message brokers such as Redis/RabbitMQ and asynchronous tasks queues like Celery
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins, CircleCI, or similar
Manhattan, New York City
- Hybrid in-office (~3 days/week) and work from home (~2 days/week)
- Full remote work situations will be considered
Full time, unlimited PTO
competitive salary + equity Insurance:
- Medical: Your choice between 6 Aetna plans (some of which are HSA eligible). Gainful covers the full cost of the two plans with lowest premiums. Gainful also covers 50% of dependents.
- Dental: Your choice between Aetna 3 Low Dental PPO (Gainful covers full premium, employee pays $0) or Aetna 1 High Dental PPO+ plan.
- Vision: Your choice between Aetna Vision Preferred (Gainful covers full premium, employee pays $0) or Aetna Vision+ Preferred.
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
12 weeks paid leave + 0 weeks unpaid leave (mothers & fathers). Parental paid leave may be taken at any point in the first 12 months after a child is born.
- Free snacks/beverages
- Unlimited Gainful product & swag
- Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to do your job
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are :)