We are seeking an experienced, creative, data driven and technically savvy CRM Associate to own the development and maintenance of our CRM (email, SMS, and direct mail) channels. The right person for this role has experience developing and optimizing consumer lifecycle strategies, personally managing execution, and conducting and reporting on results. The ideal candidate combines left- and right-brain thinking to produce personalized, timely, engaging, and brand-building content across email, SMS, direct mail. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly batch campaigns, triggered evergreen flows, and time-bound multivariate tests. The ideal candidate also has a deep technical understanding of CRM, particularly with regards to deliverability principles and dynamic personalization. This will be a high-autonomy role, and is designed for marketers who want to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing DTC startup (currently 25 full-time employees) to make a critical difference. The ideal candidate will be empowered to develop and optimize our lifecycle strategy, and manage ongoing CRM functions as a primary stakeholder.
Reporting into the Retention, Loyalty, and CRM Manager, you will also work closely with Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, as well as our founders & CEO to fit lifecycle marketing into broader company goals including, but not limited to, new product announcements, acquisition, retention, content strategy, discount strategy, seasonal campaigns, and UX/CX research. As such, the ideal candidate loves collaborating with a cross-functional team and using analytics to shift acquisition and retention tactics in a new and evolving marketplace. The CRM Associate will also be responsible for identifying appropriate investment and reporting on its effectiveness and efficiency. Ultimately, this person is responsible for ensuring CRM capabilities are maximized to drive engagement with existing users and improve business KPIs.
Gainful recently raised Series A funding , and we've set aggressive goals for 2021 and beyond. Your role will evolve quickly as Gainful grows, and is absolutely essential to Gainful's future success. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the vision, strategy, execution and results for our Email Marketing (Klaviyo), SMS (Attentive), and direct mail channel program, including both marketing and transactional communications, to support growth and retention across our business.
- The ideal candidate has experience analyzing and segmenting CRM databases. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Copywriting, art/design direction, and creative briefing
- Coordinating with, and project managing, our Email Developer to ensure all communications are coded, QA-ed, and launched in a timely and error-free manner
- Execute high quality and error free technical implementation and testing of all communications (note: requires basic-moderate HTML skills and ability to implement dynamic logic
- Create and maintain dynamic segments and static lists
- Identify and define target audience segmentation aligned with business needs and objectives and target these audiences in strategic ways with meaningful content
- Own post-campaign reporting and weekly/monthly/quarterly performance tracking
- In collaboration with the Brand team, own the creation of a monthly lifecycle campaign calendar
- Work with the Retention, Loyalty, and CRM Manager to create quarterly testing roadmaps that ladder up to company OKRs
- Ensure impeccable email deliverability: adhering to, and advising on, sender best practices; use our deliverability platform (Everest), as well as Google Postmaster, to track our sender reputation and inbox placement; constantly strive to maintain and improve our sending infrastructure as the company, and our user database, grows
- Work alongside our Email Developer to build dynamic, error-free email templates that are accessible and on-brand (must have a deep understanding of live HTML vs. image-based vs. plaintext templates and when to leverage each)
- Drive Engagement & Retention: Drive further engagement with the platform, and improve customer retention through CRM channels.
- Set an analytical environment of data capture and interpretation for the Marketing team
- Work with the Data and Engineering team to accurately track A/B tests and day-to-day performance of CRM channels
- Design and deploy a scalable framework for continuous A/B testing and iteration across our automations and campaigns
- Continuously write & A/B test email and SMS content to identify the most effective messaging for different customers and stages in their lifecycle and improve subscriber engagement. Understanding of metrics and analytics is required (LTV, CAC, Churn, etc.).
- Leverage our access to highly personalized customer data to execute complex campaigns
- Bring innovative ideas and explore growth opportunities that quantifiably extend customer LTV
- Be the expert on the customer journey, from onboarding to checkout to retention to referral to win-back
- Ability to take a marketing idea from its conception phase, all the way to the executional and analytical phase, with limited guidance
- Analyze both quantitative & qualitative data to hypothesize, experiment, implement, and measure acquisition and retention tests across email, SMS, and direct mail
- Work with our Customer Experience team to diagnose communication failures and identify messaging / product features that drive customer loyalty
- Unearth consumer insights to inform the development of plans for both paid and owned channel activations
- Maintain a strong understanding of trends, competitive landscape and how they relate to Gainful's goals
- Work with the Growth team to create a cohesive, segmented customer journey from acquisition through retention
- 1-3 years experience across all facets of CRM, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability, and AB/multivariate testing
- Strong knowledge of Klaviyo or closely comparable ESP
- Knowledge of SMS marketing
- Experience using a deliverability platform, such as Everest, Validity, or Return Path
- Experience using a data visualization platform, such as Looker
- Experience with conversion rate optimization and A/B testing across channels
- Knowledge of frontend web development basics (HTML, CSS)
- Knowledge of email client basics (mobile and desktop)
- Knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g. GDPR and CCPA)
- Creative with an eye for design (physical and digital UX/UI)
- Self-motivated. Ability to identify and solve problems without direction
- Excellent copywriter and communicator
- Experience at a high-growth startup, preferably a tech-enabled consumer brand
- Inherently analytical and data-driven
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- Experience in financial modeling, data science, SQL
- Experience in design (Figma) or photography/videography
- Experience using campaign pre-check software, such as Email on Acid
For obvious reasons, having a healthy team is incredibly important to us. For that reason, Gainful will contribute $769.80/month toward any of the following medical insurance plans: Aetna Open Access® Managed Choice® POS - $3,000/100% Aetna Open Access® Elect Choice® - New York- HDHP EPO $2,000/100% Aetna Open Access® Elect Choice® - $1,000/80% Aetna Open Access® Elect Choice® - $0/100%, 45/65 Aetna Open Access® Managed Choice® POS - $500/80% Aetna Open Access® Managed Choice® POS - $0/100%, 30/50
Medical plans #1 and #2 have premiums that are $769.80/month or lower, which means Gainful will cover 100% of these two insurance plans.
Gainful also contributes $36.98/month toward either Aetna Dental PPO (full premium, employee pays $0) or Aetna Dental PPO+ plan.
Gainful also contributes $5.20/month toward either Aetna Vision Preferred (full premium, employee pays $0) or Aetna Vision+ Preferred. Pre-tax benefits
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Not available Start Date:
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are :)