About The Position
We don't sell wine we sell fun.
Fun Wine has an immediate opening in California to cover the Western US. We are looking for a motivated individual who is ambitious and team player, ready to make a difference.
Fun Wine has an immediate opening in California to cover the Western US. We are looking for a motivated individual who is ambitious and team player, ready to make a difference. The qualified candidate will be outgoing, self-starter and have a passion for sales. In this position you will be the front-line contact for our distributor partners and key retailers within your assigned region.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
· Achieve specific company volume and distribution goals
· Achieve specific distributor volume and distribution goals
· Work with distributor partners to open new accounts
· Learn all key decision makers in specific markets
· Work with distributors on a weekly basis (work with days, team training, samplings, etc.)
· Must be available to work weekends in support of any special event activity
· Be the key point of contact for our distributor partner
· Achieve Preferred Supplier Status with your distributor partners
· Develop key relationships with all key distributor personnel such as owner, General Sales Manager, Chain Manager, POS Manager, etc.
· Manage all pricing so that Fun Wine brands are competitive in the market
· Know competitive pricing for all key competitor brands
· Must have the entrepreneurial spirit to develop local marketing programs
· Will be responsible for Region Marketing
· Ensure all POS in the market is current
· Ensure monthly orders are placed in a timely manner
Required Skills (but not limited to:)
· The ideal candidate must live in California. The Region will consist of NM, CO, WY, MT, ID, UT, AZ NV, OR, WA, AK, HI and CA.
· 10+ years of experience in alcohol sales
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Strong working knowledge of your region
· Must be confident
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work alone
· Must have a strong knowledge of Fun Wine and our vision
· Must be able to read and interpret Nielsen data
· General knowledge of the wine/beer industry
· Knowledge of distributor operations
· Must be willing to travel a minimum of 75% of the time
· Must be competent in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Must be able to lift and move cases of wine frequently, at least 35 pounds