Francis Ford Coppola Winery
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Job Summary: We are looking for an individual to continue to grow and develop our spirits portfolio as well as represent our award winning wines. This person will call on potential and existing sales outlets, service new and existing accounts while coordinating activities that promote wine and spirits within a given territory.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement:All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
90% Sales Execution & Brand Ambassador:
· Actively pursues sales opportunities to increase sales, distribution, display, and feature presence on an individual account level. Work with your supervisor and distributor managers to create an account base for targeted sales.
· Accompanies representatives on visits to customers to evaluate work performance, ascertain customer problems, and detect market trends. Help to ensure programs that have been sold into target accounts are executed with the highest quality and compliance.
· Become an authority on our Spirit Portfolio and the craftsmanship of distilling – both from a historical perspective and a contemporary point of view.
· Become a subject matter expert on our wine portfolio.
· Develop and conduct wine and spirits presentations and educational seminars.
· Reviews sales orders and records of new and delinquent accounts to ascertain market conditions and status of wholesalers’ accounts.
· Assists in developing marketing campaigns designed around market conditions.
· Responsible for ensuring timely receipt of allocations.
· Confers with management and sales personnel to formulate plans for meeting competition and improving sales.
· Address wholesalers’ and on-premise management opportunities and concerns.
· Participate in trade and consumer tastings/shows representing our brands.
· Compiles sales figures and reports problems to management.
· Responsible for keeping up-to-date with ABC regulations and adhering to established policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages.
· Responsible for keeping up to date with Reciprocal shipping laws and adhering to established policies regarding the shipment of spirits.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S. or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have 3-5 years of Beverage experience (Spirits and Wine).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Strong computer skills.
· Type with speed and accuracy.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills.
· Excellent negotiation and mediation skills.
· Wine knowledge; formal training/certification preferred.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.
· Must be able to travel frequently using multiple modes of transportation.
Similar jobs to check out:
State Sales Manager - Texas
Bardstown Bourbon Company • Dallas, Texas
The Bardstown Bourbon Company is a celebration of the art of making whiskey. No secrets, mythical stories, or fabricated legends. We celebrate the craft of making great whiskey and the Bardstown community that brings bourbon to the world.
- Reports To Regional Manager, Southwest