About The Position
Four Sigmatic is a functional foods company that wants to make the world’s most nutrient dense foods easier to consume by bringing elevated favorites into America's daily routine. We've crafted crash-free coffee, almost unbelievable plant protein, and other elevated essentials to work wonders all day.
Four Sigmatic’s fully-distributed global team works together to bring our products to more than a million consumers in over 65 countries worldwide. From Finland to Los Angeles, our team is leading the way in the Functional Foods Movement. With annual team offsites and office space in Venice, CA, our global team of healthy living enthusiasts works independently and collaboratively to deliver the Four Sigmatic Mission worldwide.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee the accounting function across all Four Sigmatic entities. You will manage the day-to-day operations of the Accounting team, taking ownership of corporate accounting, tax filings, financial reporting, inventory and the continual development of internal financial control policies and procedures.
- Fully own and prepare Consolidated Financial Statements, including A/R, A/P, GL, Accruals, Cost & Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Cash Flow
- Lead month and year-end closing process, preparing and publishing timely & accurate monthly financial statements to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements
- Manage inventory valuation to ensure proper accounting of all inventory-related costs as well as any obsolescence for both Raw Materials and Finished Goods
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls/processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Oversee detailed sales reporting and analysis, along with ad hoc special projects to support leadership team
- Manage and execute annual financial statement audit with Big 4 accounting firm along with oversight of tax preparation for US and EU entities
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Develop new financial and operational reporting measures to analyze KPIs and strengthen financial controls.
- Manage with local, state, and federal government reporting and tax filings
- 6-8 years of accounting experience (prefer ecommerce experience)
- 2+ years of finance experience (reporting, budgeting)
- 2+ years of hands-on managerial experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related major
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organization and attention to detail
- CPA and/or public accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with Shopify, SOS inventory a plus