About The Position
Phusion Projects: Established in 2005 Phusion Projects is a global alcoholic beverage company with presence in over 40 countries, employing 250+ worldwide and housing a portfolio of brands including Four Loko, Four Loko PREGAME, Mamitas, Basic Seltzer, Basic Vodka, Moksato Life, and Earthquake.
Culture: Innovation and disruption is in the DNA at Phusion, we understand drinkers as category agnostic and we pursue flavor, brand, and functional benefits above all else. We’re always looking to push boundaries within our current product portfolio and partnerships and that mindset flows through in our company culture.
SUMMARY: The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for managing our wholesaler network and all marketplace activities. To be successful in this role you must have a strong understanding of wholesaler management, wholesaler processes and field sales, including analytical problem-solving ability, presentation skills and exceptional planning and budgeting skills. You must also possess working knowledge of distribution network, consumer purchasing dynamics, syndicated data systems and strong interpersonal skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with wholesaler(s) to execute all programs.
- Monitor and affect inventory levels to ensure proper days-on-hand and zero out of stocks.
- Monitor and affect retail distribution, including effective placements and buying accounts.
- Monitor and affect volume goals.
- Manage invoicing and expenses within assigned budget, maximizing gross profits.
- Monitor and document wholesale/retail pricing to ensure pricing targets are achieved.
- Secure and execute effective wholesaler incentives to ensure “share of mind”.
- Work at retail executing monthly objectives, directly and with wholesaler representatives.
- Manage reporting and communicate regular updates to Sales Management.
- Continually recognize and execute against new areas of growth and opportunity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Account Executive, Area Sales Manager, or in a Sales role with proven success.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel overnight, up to a week at a time (as necessary within territory or required to attend company or regional meetings/training).
- Other skills required:
- Sales experience in a consumer product selling B2B sales environment