You'll be our go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. Ultimately, you'll help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints. You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You'll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects (+ facilitating changes) with your mind set on deliverables. If you're a strong communicator, a capable leader and you're invested in Agile frameworks, we'd like to meet you.Responsibilities
- Manage each project's scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, daily stand-ups and ad-hoc working sessions as needed
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks and guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Help build a productive environment where team members 'own' the product and enjoy working on it
Nice to have
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Software development and project management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Kanban, XP etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
Why You'll Love Forum Brands
- Scrum master certification is a plus
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- We are builders. We believe that the only way to get the future that we want is to build it. Building consumer brands that excite and delight customers is our highest calling, and we come to work each day in service of that cause.
- "First Who, Then What." We believe that if you begin with "who," rather than "what," you can more easily adapt to a changing world. We apply immense rigor in making people decisions, and take seriously our responsibility to develop our people, because we know that it is our people that will take us from good to great.
- We are explorers. We are curious by nature and constantly learning. We design experiments and test hypotheses quickly, cheaply, and in all facets of our business.
- We are not perfect. We hold a worldview of humility and recognize that we will make mistakes, but that they will not define us - they are simply data points to inform future decisions.
- You come as you are. You draw inspiration from an environment where the best ideas win, regardless of where they come from. Like us, you celebrate diversity of all kinds. You share our commitment as an equal opportunity employer to building an inclusive Forum where people thrive by being their authentic selves and are empowered to do their best work each day.
- We share the pie. We offer great compensation packages and are always seeking to increase the pie for everyone at the table. We also offer comprehensive benefits.
We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the opportunity to excel. We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and in ecommerce overall. That's why we commit ourselves to hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.Equal Opportunity Employment
Forum Brands, Inc. an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Forum Brands, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
* Forum Brands has a strong commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our team. Under our COVID mitigation protocols and the NYC Workplace Vaccination Requirements, all employees must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions.