Forum Brands is a high-growth, Series-A startup building a technology-enabled platform of leading e-commerce brands. We're taking an innovative approach to brand-building in the direct-to-consumer sector by acquiring the highest quality, independently owned brands currently sold on 3rd party marketplaces (e.g., Amazon.com
) and applying domain expertise, operating infrastructure, and a passion for improving the lives of the everyday consumer.
We're not just thinking differently, we're also hiring differently. We've built a diverse team with a differentiated set of experiences across digital marketplaces, consumer brands, e-commerce technology, and investing. In executing against our strategy to grow brands into category leaders, we lead with the collective power of our people.
Forum is backed by Norwest Venture Partners
(a global venture capital and growth equity investment firm), NFX
(a leading marketplace and e-commerce venture capital firm), Concrete Rose
, and a set of world-class consumer and technology operators.What You'll Do
We're looking for an organized, data-driven, curious builder to support the growth of our acquired brands. The CX Operations Manager will be an integral member and key component of building a world class customer experience, resolving day-to-day customer experience issues, working directly to manage CX Operations Associates, and leading projects that drive us toward continuous improvement across our portfolio of brands.
The role will be an integral part of a small, close-knit entrepreneurial operating team, executing high-velocity, high-impact growth strategies for our acquired brands. A passion for consumer products and an ability to thrive in a high-energy, ambiguous environment will be key. This is a perfect opportunity for scrappy curious learners. If you are an excellent communicator and creative thinker with a high degree of ownership looking to shape the future of e-commerce, we'd love to meet you!
Specific ownership of initiatives and day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Be the expert. Develop a rigorous understanding and expertise on products, product launches, and frequently asked questions around our product lines. Own and maintain the master FAQ documents for brands.
- Operational excellence. Document processes and expand on our tabularium of playbooks and standard processes for executing initiatives. Create sustainable and scalable process improvements to help us move the ball forward on some of our big, hairy, audacious goals.
- Listen, learn, & advise. Assist with complex customer experience issues related to product quality, transactions, and more. Escalate recurring issues to the appropriate internal departments and assist in resolution to reduce customer feedback loops.
- Lead strategic initiatives. Proactively identify opportunities within CX operations across the portfolio of brands. In alignment with company goals and objectives, scope out and execute strategic projects to drive holistic impact and value creation.
- Collaborate. Build relationships with external partners and CX Operations Associates to ensure positive outcomes for customer-base and report on adherence to SLAs.
Why You Fit At Forum
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Marketing, Communications, Operations, or related discipline preferred.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who can identify and execute on opportunities autonomously and operates well in ambiguous settings.
- Experience working in a customer facing role and developing customer communications
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for building and providing a world class customer experience.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills, with a positive, can-do attitude, and demonstrates a strong passion for driving towards impact in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with deep intellectual curiosity and a passion for proactively helping others and stays positive.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams, and external customers and partners.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with data sets, and rapid experimentation, ability to work with internal data and analytics teams to monitor KPIs & SLAs.
- Highly organized with critical attention to detail, impossibly high standards, and exceptional project management skills with an ability to get things done without perfect resources.
- Experience working in the consumer products industry is highly preferred.
Why You'll Love Forum Brands
- You are customer obsessed. Customers are your "North Star," and you bring them "into the room" when planning and making decisions. You worry about customers more than competitors.
- You are an owner. For you, there's no such thing as "it's not my job." You take pride in and accountability for results. No problem is too big, too small, or too outside of your scope to jump in and help.
- You are a problem solver. You solve problems from first principles and ask "Why" until you arrive at root causes. You resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking and seek to solve problems in innovative ways.
- You are a doer. You have a bias towards action and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You independently identify both issues and opportunities and run towards them.
- You are deeply analytical. You seek data to validate hypotheses and are not afraid to change your mind if the data tells a different story. You're comfortable navigating large datasets and extracting signals from the noise.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- We are builders. We believe that the only way to get the future we want is to build it. Building consumer brands that excite and delight customers is our highest calling, and we come to work each day in service of that cause.
- "First Who, Then What." We believe that if you begin with "who" rather than "what," you can more easily adapt to a changing world. We apply immense rigor in making people decisions and take seriously our responsibility to develop our people because we know that our people will take us from good to great.
- We are explorers. We are curious by nature and constantly learning. We design experiments and test hypotheses quickly, cheaply, and in all facets of our business.
- We are not perfect. We hold a worldview of humility and recognize that we will make mistakes but that they will not define us - they are simply data points to inform future decisions.
- You come as you are. Like us, you celebrate diversity of all kinds. You draw inspiration from an environment where the best ideas win, regardless of where they come from. You share our commitment as an equal opportunity employer to building an inclusive Forum where people thrive by being their authentic selves and are empowered to do their best work each day.
- We share the pie. We offer great compensation packages and are always seeking to increase the pie for everyone at the table. We also provide comprehensive benefits.
We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the opportunity to excel. We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and in e-commerce overall. That's why we commit ourselves to hiring and cultivating diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.Equal Opportunity Employment
Forum Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Forum Brands, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
* Forum Brands has a strong commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our team. Under our COVID mitigation protocols and the NYC Workplace Vaccination Requirements, all employees must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions.