About The Position
This role is in a fast-paced, creative environment; it offers an opportunity to be part of building a rapidly growing business, while actively contributing towards strategy and execution.
The Shopper Marketing Manager will work closely with the sales and marketing teams. They will partner cross-functionally with sales, brand marketing, operations, and retail partners to understand needs and drive alignment and execution on channel marketing initiatives.
This role is on the US Commercial team, reporting directly to the Vice President of US (Chicago, US), with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Marketing (Canada)
Primary responsibility is to work closely with the sales and marketing teams and partner cross-functionally with sales, brand marketing and retail partners to understand needs, drive alignment and execute channel marketing initiatives in the USA. The Customer Marketing Manager will lead the development of all in-store marketing programs with support from Marketing Coordinator.
- Demonstrate and uphold Company core values.
- Based on Sales priorities and objectives, work with major retailers and their third-party suppliers to execute programs that build brand awareness, trial, and sales.
- Translate brand strategy into shopper marketing plans.
- Study shopper research, consumer insights and retailer strategies to create insight-based shopper marketing programs that achieve customer, brand, and company goals.
- Understand our customers and find new ways for us to strengthen our presence in their stores.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to challenge, align and provide feedback on all new product launches and commercial launches (pre, during and post).
- Track business results and provide action plans to steer or accelerate results.
- Support on brand development of creative assets for in-store, digital, and events; partner with Creative team to develop customized marketing and merchandising materials, including signage and presentations.
- Ensure consistent and highly quality execution of our brand strategy within planned marketing calendars for each retailer and collaborate with social & digital teams to support retail.
- Prepare presentations for new retail programming initiatives, for existing and potential retailers.
- Work with retailer marketing departments directly to collaborate, plan, and execute shopper marketing programs.
- Manage shopper marketing budget as provided by HQ Marketing team.
- Provide guidance on retailer plans during Annual Planning Process
- Keeps the work atmosphere FUN by keeping it light and welcoming
Education & Qualifications
- BA/BS required in related field (Business Administration, Marketing, or similar discipline).
- 4+ years of CPG Brand Management and/or Shopper Marketing experience managing and executing in-store Shopper initiatives
- Highly preferred experience with project management across multiple initiatives and retailers at the same time
- Strong understanding of consumer-packaged goods industry, retail channels, and account-specific marketing
- Understanding of Path to Purchase tactics and various marketing vehicles ranging from digital, coupons, print, sponsorships, media, and more
- Prior budget management experience preferred
- Experience with syndicated data analysis
Skills and Abilities
- Highly analytical, comfortable working with a wide range of data sources. Make fact-based decisions, recommendations, and forecasts.
- Able to translate plans into shopper marketing actions.
- An excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-orientated and entrepreneurial.
- Strong in planning, facilitation, problem analysis, decision making, and solution-oriented.
- Be creative, business savvy, original, intuitive, open-minded and innovative.
- Ability to quickly develop category and product expertise.
- Detailed thinker and ability to influence internally and externally to execute compelling Shopper Marketing programs and engagements
- Be a dependable leader with strong collaboration, sensitivity, objectivity, and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer knowledge: Microsoft Office, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Travel throughout the US on a regular basis